Location: 1146 Tower Road, Beverly Hills, CA
Square Footage: 14,000
Bedrooms & Bathrooms: 8 bedrooms & 11 bathrooms
This landmark spanish colonial revival estate is located at 1146 Tower Road in Beverly Hills, CA and is situated on 1.7 landscaped acres. It was designed by architect Harry E. Werner and built in 1927 for George and Freda Kolb and later owned by the actor James Coburn and also by a relative of the Sultan of Brunei. Since then it has undergone a major restoration and remodel by the legendary architects/designers Tim Morrison and Tom Proctor.
The gated estate features a large courtyard with fountain that leads to the wrought iron gated front doors. Inside there is approximately 14,000 square feet of living space with a total of 8 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms in the main house and guest house. The first floor features an octagonal entry foyer with grand staircase, main hallway with hand hewn beamed ceiling and leaded glass windows, oak and tile flooring throughout, elevator, formal living room with beamed ceiling and fireplace, den with access to a covered lanai and outdoor fireplace, formal dining room with fireplace, informal dining room with outdoor terrace, gourmet kitchen, family room with 16th Century fireplace from France, guest bedroom with separate entrance and a library/media room with wet bar and fireplace.
The 2nd floor features 2 bedroom suites and the master bedroom suite. The master suite features spectacular his-and-hers dressing rooms. His dressing room features darker wood paneling and a home office. The suite also features a patio that connects his-and-hers bathrooms. There is also a finished lower level with guest bedroom and garage space.
The grounds features lovely formal gardens, a swimming pool with spa, outdoor living spaces and a separate guest house with living room, kitchen and 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.