Emmanuel

What happened? I saw this house in Architectural Digest a few months ago. Bundchen and Brady were talking about it as their dream home and sounded like they would live there forever…They spent 11 million dollars on the land and the house building cost was slightly over 20 million. I doubt they can get 50 million on this. It’s a beautiful house. But everything was designed on the couple strict specifications. It can be a little tricky to find a buyer, especially when the house is overpriced…

Nicholas Hinkle

This is such a terrific and lovely home. It’s so elegant yet, comfortable. It’s so large yet, looks as if it feels so intimate. I love almost everything about it. The only thing I would change would be adding a more intricate design to the rails on the main staircase. The exterior is one of my favorites. It is just the correct amount of square footage to be able to include every amenity that a wealthy family would require. I love the outdoor space with that gorgeous green lawn. It could use a tiny bit of landscaping, as I enjoy a nice formal garden. The massive swimming pool is great and looks like a deep blue pond. It really puzzles me as to why they would be selling their “dream home”, as that is all that I have heard about them and the home, as well. It is most certainly not a financial issue. Gisele is the most successful model in existence, with a net worth of around $290 million. Together with Tom, the couple has an estimated net worth of $410 million. Either they found the home too large, there are poltergeist from under the pool or they are just trying to make a $19 million profit, which is not going to happen. I would assume that it will sell for around $35 – $38 million.

Tony

Hey my comment did not post!

Sam

It doesn’t matter what your personal style is, it’s hard to come up with many complaints about this house. I too am curious why they are selling it just 2 years after it was finished? Who does that?

Andrew

Maybe somebody who, as the article says, wants to move permanently to Boston? I only spent 3 days in LA and I couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there so I can totally understand somebody wanting to relocate.

1. 4.1.1

First of all they were not living in LA so they were not relocating. Secondly visiting for 3 days is not the same as spending $40 million building and designing a super custom home over the period of 4 years. If they had found LA so terrible then they had plenty of time to ditch the construction of the home well before it was started. I imagine if you commit to spending $11 million for piece of land, and tens of millions of dollars more to build a home over the period of years, you probably like the area very much.

2. 4.1.2

John

They obviously make strange decisions, eg, Boston over L.A..

1. 4.1.2.1

He is the quarterback for the New England Patriots so Boston is not exactly a strange decision.

Chris

Honestly who knows why they’ve chosen to list it. What we do know is that they’ve chosen to settle down in Boston instead of LA. Months ago as the house above was nearing completion, they got approval to build a smaller but no less opulent manse by the same architect in a suburb of Boston.

Tony

This house is hideous. It doesn’t have a normal architectural design. It looks like a barbie dream house on steroids. Or some rejected plans for a Disney princess castle. It just looks stupid. It has no symmetry to it at all. Its just all over the place. Its a hot mess. And the lot looks weird cause there is a street that goes all around the house so its not really secluded at all. I don’t see it being worth $50 million. Especially because of the location. Its not Bel Air.

Tony

my comments still wont post

Tony

I’d rather buy this way better and more secluded 48 acre home and tear it down and spend $20 million or less building a huge 30,000 square foot home with equestrian facilities for a total price of $50 million or less. Who’d be dumb enough to pay that much for this crap.

Nightmoves

Hart to Hart.

Bill_in_NY

NIce. I’ve always had a soft spot for “Knollward” in Oconowomoc.

(click the “Wisconsin” tag)

What in the bloody hell? They had to have spent years designing this, planning it and whatnot and spent God knows how much money building it, it is gorgeous and has a great location, why the hell would they just all of a sudden sell it after living in it for such a short time? That makes no sense. I don’t think they will get $50 million, but they will get at least $35 million if not what they have into it. If they weren’t building another equally large home right now I would think they were getting a divorce. This is just weird.

Bill_in_NY

Maybe they want to become Mega-Mansion Flippers?

I don’t mind this. Looks like they ripped of the Gores home in Beverly Park for the exterior. Still has some beautiful details. The interior is boring. Needs color to liven the place up. $50 million seems like a lot for Brentwood. If this was in Beverly Park, I don’t think they’d have nearly as much trouble as selling it for the asking price.

Sam

Yeah this is definitely a “Beverly Park-style” house to me.

Koko

GREED…!!! I feel sick! When they built it and moved in said this will be the place where we will be growing our children. Now they believe they will get almost double what they paid to built it ONLY because their names…!

Teddi

Not really sure what you mean by greed. Don’t know anyone who wants to sell a house for less or equal what they paid for it. If you’ve ever had a house built from scratch, there’s a lot of blood, sweat, tears and aggravation that goes into it. Sellers usually try to compensate for that.
      They won’t get the asking price but it’s a starting negotiation point.

Chris

That’s one hell of a spec home. I mean no offense to them, but they made such a fuss about this mansion while it was being built about how it was to be their home and where they will raise their kids and now not even a full year after moving in, they’re selling. It almost makes the house a spec home.

Malcolm

Does anyone have the password to view the gallery?

Emmanuel

Just click on the pictures…

Kostargr

I wish the floor plans of this mansion one day would become available!!!!

stuart

I really like the kitchen and the outdoor room. The rest, eh.

c

Okay, this is beautiful. I can’t imagine anyone who wouldn’t think so. I wouldn’t buy it as its not my personal style but it is a cozy, elegant home.

Price is insane! They paid tip top dollar when they bought the lot ($11.75m). The supposedly spent just over $20 million building this place, which again,… considering Finton said in his question and answer most of his clients spend $500-800 / sq.ft. building… at 22k sq.ft. its running closer to $1k / sq.ft. One would conclude much of the added costs are involved in the “eco” ness of the house but buyers often aren’t willing to pay for such personal choices.

The listing states it is 14k sq.ft….. yet rumors for years have been 22k sq.ft. which looks more appropriate. $30m seems more appropriate to where this would sell. but it is LA and it is done so well, that someone might pay way more.

Teddi

Yeah, I’m one of those who don’t think so. Utterly boring and unimaginative. If you’re going to build a 22,000sf mansion with it’s own moat, there should be some wow factor on the inside to at least complement the wow factors happening outside. Especially when $11 million was spent on the land alone. It’s one big BLAH. Not to say it wasn’t well executed. She wanted plain and organic and by George that’s what she got. Just not sure the purpose of spending this much money for comfortable and unexceptional.

Barney

Revolting……….the greed and ETERNALLY PSYCHOTIC MATERIALISM never ceases to make me violently ill.

Teddi

Why are you on this site? Homes of the RICH should be a clue about what you’re going to find here. Really ridiculous to get this worked up about what other people worked to earn. Their money, they earned it, they can do whatever they want with it.

1. 18.1.1

Careful it’s a bee’s nest :D

1. 18.1.1.1

Teddi

As divisive as this subject is, and whether or not one views being successful as some kind of moral failing, I’m willing to bet that Gisele and Tom give more to charity than Barney here will make in a lifetime. When looked at like that it’s more than a tad hypocritical and self righteous for this guy to call anyone who worked for their money “psychotic”.

2. 18.1.2

Andrew

Well, we live in a society where a person putting on clothes and looking pretty and another one kicking a ball around the field make millions, while people who actually contribute to the society in meaningful ways make pennies… aliens watching us must be scratching their heads.