Kingstigo

Wow this is what a Estate should look like, I like the design of the home because it’s so different and not another mediterranean design

A Maserati MC12, 2 Veyrons and a Ferrari FXX, holy God. How the hell does he even have the FXX at his house, as far as I know Ferrari keeps them at the track and you have to go out to the car in order to drive it. My father’s late friend was one of the biggest RV dealers in the country, I thought he was doing well, this guy is doing a little better.

It’s a very nice house in a god-awful location. Awesome car collection…love the Pur Sang Veryron.

This feels like a grand estate from the 1920s, and I really like it. There are some decorative changes I’d make (I despise the 1950s themed entertainment areas), but overall it’s lovely. The house is a very refreshing change from the overused standard issue Florida mock-Med.

The car collection is even better than the house, and what’s in the pic here is only a small part of his overall collection.

Mak

Very impressive. They must entertain a great deal to have this make any sense at all. A “mens lounge with pub”?

Iemand

So. Where’s the RV?

If you look at the Google Birds-Eye view, there are two of them by the huge garage complex away from the site.

opinionfree

40,000 sq. ft. and you can’t find dedicated cabinet space in the kitchen to store pots and pans?
    I understand the house is in Florida, but leave the theme park rooms in Disney World where they belong.
    Like it or hate it, it’s refreshing to see such a large house completely finished, instead of being piecemealed together with odds and ends.

Tony

This is a nice house. Its a little “Mcmansion Spec House” looking on the outside. But interior and the grounds are really nice. The problem I have is the location. A home of this stature should be in Palm Beach. Maybe Jupiter or Manalapan or Miami or possibly even Windermere. But I wouldn’t build a house this grand in Lake Thonotosassa or any other part of Florida outside of the areas I just named. It just doesn’t make sense.

Tony

Also I feel like that table with the flowers is blocking the entry way. Its a nice foyer but not big enough and grand enough to have a table with flowers in front of the door. It looks cluttered.

Brian

Good eye, Tony. I missed that but you’re right on. Bad feng shui.

opinionfree

I agree with you on the foyer table. I’ve never understood the need for such a large round table in the middle of the foyer. When I walk through the front door, I don’t want to have to walk around a big table to continue my journey into the house. Even more so in this house, with console tables flanking each side of the entry door. Where someone could easily drop their keys and wallet, while picking up the mail.

1. 9.2.1

Tony

I happen to like foyer tables with flowers lol. But I think you need a really grand foyer like the one in the Spelling Manor to pull it off. The foyer in the Spelling Manor (now Ecclestone Manor or whatever its called lol) is so huge that it doesn’t look cluttered at all. I think some homes of the right size and scale and layout can pull it off. Unfortunately this house doesn’t pull it off and it doesn’t look right in this home.

joejoe509

Nothing says “I’m have money to burn!” more than his and her matching Bugatti Veyrons. And for those track days, a Ferrari FXX and the Maserati will do nicely. There’s an easy $5-7 million in cars here.

But hey, according to the article this is a rags to riches self made man and I say cheers to that.

Hunter

Exactly, this guy is obviously having fun with life and worked hard to get it, so more power to him. And how about that drag car in the lower right..If that’s the genuine Boss, that’s worth a ton of dough.

jdubble07

Poll of the day: Would you rather have a 40,000 sqft estate and 2 Bugatti’s in absolutely bumfuck Florida, or a 20,000 sqft estate and only 1 Bugatti literally anywhere else? I’ll take the latter, thank you very much.

Andrew

if I could live anywhere in the world, I would go to Hobart, Tasmania. not considered a trendy location by most, but I love it! the moral of this story is, one person’s bumfuck can be another’s dream location :)

Bill_in_NY

Neither. But I’d take one Aston Martin One-77 and live in the South West where there be no frigid temperatures or hurricanes.

Teddi

It is so unusual to see a megamansion that is neither Mediterranean nor French. Especially in Florida. I was beginning to think it couldn’t be done.

Not a fan of off-centered entrances. I need balance and symmetry.
    I like that the rooms are large without being cavernous.
    The kitchen is highly disappointing.
    Don’t much like the decor.

Love the fact that while there is a certain amount of formality for entertaining, it still manages to look like a home that is actually lived in…by a real family. So few mansions are able to incorporate both. There’s usually one or the other: all formal or all casual.

Seems like a waste to have this mansion at this location.

jh

A man living the American Dream! Great for him!!!

Tony

One more thing I just realized. This home is 40,000 square feet with a huge table and flowers in the entry way and it isn’t a double door entry? Its just a single door and the entry way looks a little narrow for a 40,000 square foot home with a big ole table in the foyer. The foyer should be wider and scaled higher and with more volume and it should definitely have a double door entry. This is a 40,000 square foot home for goodness sakes. I’d expect a double door entry with a 3,000 square foot home lol.

Hunter

Awesome house and estate…Plus a car collection that’s hard to beat, and a full size plane hanging from the ceiling, this one of the best I’ve seen