To pull of the furnishings (if one really wanted to), you need dark rooms full of mahogany accents and swag curtains. This house looks lost. Kitchen is the only decent room.

To quote Ernie Anastos from New York City’s channel 5 news, keep fucking that chicken. Maybe one day it’ll sell.

opinionfree

Well, it’s certainly big.
    I’m not sure a house should be identified as a mansion, if the roof is composed of asphalt shingles.
    I hate the oak treads on the ugly staircase. It’s a piss poor attempt to infuse warmth into the frigid, faux formality of the foyer.

WTF, how the hell does the composition of the roof have anything to do with if a home is a mansion or not?

1. 3.1.1

Bill_in_NY

:) I was kinda wondering about that myself!

Otessa Regina Compton

The only room I see that has any personality is the kitchen. The empty space on the upper level does show some promise.

Eric2

I was wondering what all the fuss was about…
    Then I looked at the photo’s on the Listing site.

You know I almost feel sorry for this house, It COULD have been great! Someone was Really trying for a turn of the century “Ye Old Grand Estate” look, and they come VERY close in a few places.. But they still fall short… I don’t find the place that BAD (I especially Love the Dark wood of the Library and the basement RecRoom)

I think the greatest “Sin” of this house is how CLOSE it is to being amazing, and how much it falls short.

Oh yes, I should add this is yet another house that DEEPLY needs a floor plan… I say it time and again, when you are selling a house of THIS Size, having a cohesive floor plan to invasion the “Flow” of the rooms is CRUCIAL!

“Eric The Architecture Curmudgeon”

dan

My guess is this home will be long on the market.