Eric2

Wow… First the Likable modern house in Hawaii, and now THIS!
    I am truly STUNNED. Something tells me for some this house might not be popular. But I find it perhaps the single most “natural” house I have seen in years. It blends effortlessly into the surrounding woods and forrest. At once glance it almost looks “Run Down” and yet inside it is gorgeous.

I have seen a LOT of poor examples of trying to put “Nature” in a bottle. Usually in indoor pool rooms, where there are various half hearted attempts to put plants, trees, rocks, etc to recreate a feeling of being outside while being inside.

This house. Well, I had to check several times to make sure I WAS looking at the inside of the house!

I can only imagine how amazing it must feel to walk though this house during winter. Howling snow outside, and inside a warm, almost tropical interior.
    I do not say this very often. But THIS is a house I could actually see myself living in.

Darryl

It looks like the inside could be a Bass Pro Shop. I just think that it’s trying too hard.

Very overwhelming and busy. I think its crossed into tacky territory.

Teddi

You think. Oh it very definitly hop, skipped and did a flying leap into tacky city.

Andrew

Well I guess someone who loves timber and rocks will feel right at home!

I imagine the bedroom has a pile of rocks with a bear skin thrown over for a bed…

I generally like log houses, but this is just plain kitschy. I do appreciate the attention to detail, of which there’s a lot; however, it feels like an REI store to me

Eric2

Well I did say I would be in the minority for liking this.

I guess there is just some sort of double ended part of me that goes from wanting Massive Historical Grand Mansions of Monstrous Stone.
    To also liking “Natural” houses full of wood tress plants and water.

Teddi

I get the feeling they could put up a ‘Rooms For Rent’ sign outside and no one would think anything of it. I think it would do very well as a rustic, indoor/outdoor cabin/Bed & Breakfast catering to the wealthy and somewhat eccentric clientele who want the feel of outdoors without having to actually go camping outdoors. If that’s the case, then this is perfect. But as a private home, it blows.

This is amazing, I love it. It is kind of over the top, but I like it for that.