Sam

hideous hideous hideous

Al Robinson

You’re welcome Kenny!

I think this house reminds me of two different kinds of people.

1. A doctor, perhaps even a heart surgeon.

2. Someone from the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (F.L.D.S.).

I think in both cases, it probably has to do with all of the white.

That is an interesting house. Is it modern? Is it just a big barn connected with random walkways? What is with all the walkways? Seems to have really ultra modern landscaping? I can’t figure this place out. What is with all the dormer extensions? Who is the architect behind this? What is this house trying to do?

Reminds me a little bit of Tiger Woods’ hideous home on Jupiter Island. Also looks like something the Deetz’s would buy if they won the lottery.

I am so confused by what this house is trying to be. I agree, Tiger’s house is the closest thing I can come up with that is similar to this. It is not attractive. Were flowers and color not an option?

Wasn’t there another house on here awhile back that was somewhat similar? It was white, out in the middle of nowhere, I think Ohio, but it was connected with staggered white buildings. I think this is it.

This house did it better.

I give it points for not being yet another bland beige mock-Med or pseudo-chateau. That doesn’t mean I really like it, but at least it’s different. I’d like to see the house from ground level, since an oblique view doesn’t give a real sense of what it looks like. I’d like to think that it’s not so severe looking from ground level.

Al Robinson

Yes. Exactly! Just like you can’t get a real sense of what a person’s face looks like if you only see it from the side.

zapokee

There’s something scary about this house. It’s not right at all.

Teddi

I don’t really get what is going on. Seems like a lot of barnlike structures separated by skylit walkways. I imagine that all the rooms get copious amounts of sunlight, so that’s good. But the building separation and in some cases, isolation, I can’t get over. Which is funny because I do like the separation of structures in mansion-sized houses. I don’t like to see EVERYTHING in one ginormous building. But I’m getting the sense here that perhaps the living room and kitchen are in one structure, the bedrooms are in another, guest rooms another, indoor pool another. It’s more disjointed than I care for. Would really need to see a floorplan or at least interior pics to make a final judgment, but while I give it points for individuality, this is a little too individual for me.

Mak

Well. Hmmm. Uh…

“This unique mega mansion is located on Rosedale Road in Cedar Rapids, IA. It looks to be in excess of 20,000 square feet and features an indoor swimming pool and pond”

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a house having an indoor swimming pool AND an indoor pond.

I wonder if he keeps koi in the outdoor pond or the indoor one. Must be filthy rich AND old.