opinionfree

Worthy every penny and more. A modern interpretation of heaven.

I first thought the first two pictures were more architectural models. The grounds and house look meticulous.

I do appreciate that obvious thought went into the design, and I admire the decorative restraint; it’s a refreshing change from the beige faux-palaces we see here so often. It’s light, it’s airy, and it feels formal but relaxed. I love the dichotomy of the farmhouse-style exterior with the severe hard-edged lines of the pool area. I think it’s beautiful. All that said, it’s just not my style.

Looks like something from the 1700s. I guess if that’s your thing then this is the jackpot. Lovely setting.

They say money can’t buy class, but I disagree, I think if you buy an estate in Greenwich or Fairfield, you actually can. Gorgeous property.

Teddi

My first thought was that it looked like a story house. Something straight out of a picture book, the exterior and grounds were so perfect.

There are some plaes inside I didn’t care for, but all in all it’s quite lovely. While it isn’t my style, I do so love it when expensive homes are able to prove that less can in fact be more.

Mak

It’s right next door to the Fairfield CT mega house from last week. Now that global warming is a fact, I wonder if some of the rich folks are moving off the water to higher ground.

Dilettante

I was convinced that this was a converted carriage house based on the exterior, until I saw that it was built in 2003. Not exactly a good impression, in my opinion, although the interior is definitely top notch.

Luke

I love the unoffensive, timeless colour palette used as well as the overall look of the lounge and kitchen. However, I do wish the third and fourth photos showed more detail in the ceilings, gallery and walls.

This is not priced at 21 mil.. It is being auctioned off. The ad was in this Sunday’s NYT. Beautiful home,

tay

Yeah this house has been on the market for at least a year now, I think it originally started at 25-30 mill?