Exterior is different. A bit strange, but not ugly. Interior for the most part is a bit disappointing.

I’m surprised, but I generally like it. Usually with a title that includes “limestone mansion” I expect to see lots of gilt and gaudiness. I find the exterior attractive, but I think the garages could have been placed better, especially with 3.2 acres to work with. I do like the masculinity and solid feel of the exterior.

The interior has some beautiful details, but it needs someone with a decent decorating sense to take advantage of them; it’s awfully boring in its current condition.

opinionfree

I love that children’s playground in picture 16. Although, I do question the logic behind putting 1 inch rocks, as the protective ground surface, under a children’s jungle gym. I would be covered in booboos and band aids.
    I’m with Daniel on the exterior. The masonry work looks and without question is, of the finest quality. The roof line is gorgeous.
    Then they go and overdo it on the front door with that custom door pediment/surround thing. Then they add 2 (as if 1 turret wasn’t enough) turreted tower structures to connect the main house to the garages. Why? The brickwork is the star, you don’t need turrets. Rapunzel was rescued long ago. Then the entire house is set to low to the ground. I wish they had raised the entire structure 2 to 3 feet higher off the street level. This isn’t a pedestrian cottage and needs to be set a bit higher.

hoya

FYI, I think that playground material is a poured rubber aggregate. We have that in our own playground and it looks virtually identical to that photo. It’s quite soft and forgiving.

Puresouthern

I do believe the house is simply staged, not actually decorated. I agree with Grrrowler though, this is a nice solid house and I generally like it. The foundation is here to do something nice.

Jason

now this is just lovely. finally- a good looking DC Metro area mansion on this site. I like the somewhat different elevations. the uniqueness is what makes it a stand out.

Bill_in_NY

Great inside but I really dislike the exterior. I’m not a big fan of sandstone facades, and the design looks lop-sided…like the architect forgot to do something with the right-hand side of the main building.

Beautiful, classic, elegant and understated. The house has great proportions. It reeks of embassy row. I imagine this will be purchased by a diplomat with several elegant homes in various parts of the world. Either that or one of our crooked politicians trying to buy a little class. Which they had pictures of how it relates to the Potomac.

mtmslg

Exterior is elegant and different. I like the Renaissance style of the main house, but the service and garage wing is sloppy and incongruent in style. The interior is boring and uninspired.