Ummmmm. No. I mean, there isn’t anything in particular that stands out as abysmal, but I just ain’t feelin’ it. Maybe it’s the headache inducing photos but this I’d pass on.

Jason

WOW! what a way to start a morning in a drafting class. I almost barfed all over the computer from the hideousness that this house is. Perusing through most Austin listings you’ll find stylish homes, but this one is 100% a miss.

I love stone houses, and there seem to be a lot of them in Austin. This one, however, isn’t my favorite. The front is all garages and the relatively small entrance makes me think it’s access to some sort of underground lair. Inside, the furnishings and decorative treatments are terrible; the foyer walls look smoke stained, and whoever thought that painting trailing vines in the dining was a good idea should be run out of the business. I can see potential under the decor disaster but the house doesn’t excite me enough to think it’s worth the effort.

Nice pool.

Typical and unoriginal. Just a bunch of overdone cliches. Yuck.

opinionfree

I think the owners of this home truly believed they were helping the economy. They must have employed a team of faux painters, for at least a year, to ‘create’ all of those custom wall treatments. Looking at picture 2 and all that interior wall sponging gives me a feeling of one of those Thomas Kinkade paintings. Unfortunately for me, I’m not a fan of that particular artist’s work.
    If the owners are serious about selling this, it needs to be painted a neutral color and staged with very simple, white slipcovered furniture. This house has too many strong elements and pairing it with that kaleidoscope interior is going to limit the pool of prospective purchasers.

Otessa Regina Compton

Mr. Kenny Forder, all I can say on A – L – L of these properties on 28 August 2013, every single one of them, you have out did yourself, you have indeed gone over the top. I do not say this often! Excellent Work!

Kenny Forder

thanks :-)

Bill_in_NY

This has potential. I’d like to see the listing photos done by a different photographer and in more favorable lighting. Whoever shot this house isn’t doing it any favors.

Teddi

Having a hard time deciding if it’s the photography that’s bad or the interior. Kenny, I’m not really sure where you’re seeing beautiful. It’s almost headache inducing. There’s so much going on in all the pics though I’m willing to bet it’s a combo of the walls trying too hard to be unique and the godawful photography that are the main culprits. Mirror-shine wood floors are a particular favorite of mine, but I hate these. They are mottled and busy and whatever statement they are trying to make is turning into a shouting match with all the other strong elements in the rooms. Too too much. I’ve never used the term hot mess before, but I honestly cannot think of any other way to describe the dining room.

Good points: large, well placed butler’s pantry and sensational library with distinct office and study areas are wonderfully brilliant in design and execution. Seems to be the only place in the house where the wood floors don’t overshadow the room.