I want to like it but can’t. The rough exterior stone looks like a cheap alternative to limestone. Interior is not quite right in a lot of the rooms. Best part of the interior is the hallway.

The rough exterior stone doesn’t go with the formal design of the exterior. Either the design should have been more rustic to match the stone, or the stone should have been more refined to match the design. I don’t like the pediment above the entrance, and the three doors at the entrance make it look like a church.

I agree that the hallway/gallery is the best part of the interior, and the rest is unexciting. It looks like there are a lot of design details that were added without any considering to the overall theme, such as the dark wood ceiling beams in the living room, the trusses in the dining room, and the islands in the kitchen. The whole thing is a bit of a mess.

Joseph

This would look much better if it were stucco rather than stone.

Otessa Regina Compton

I especially love the kitchen, bathroom, and the lights. The bathroom has enough space to enhance an indoor garden. Me on the other hand, I am a fanatic and extremely obsessed with color and brass. I am still attached to kitchen cabinets being of tiger redwood.

kpp

I am from the area and there was a lot of articles in the Dayton Daily News about their shady business practices. They use minorities as fronts of their companies to get special loans from the government to give them a huge advantage over competitors.

ZigZagBoom

Heinous. There are so many things wrong with the architectural stylization, I wouldn’t know where to begin. It looks like something a Namibian drug lord would build on a remote Caribbean Island…minus the palm trees and sandy beaches.

Me

It’s a beautiful home I’ve been in it many times being Sherry’s son is a great friend of mine. People can say what they want about the Oakes family and the investigation that took place but I’ll be the first to tell you they are great people and if you knew them personally as I do you would have nothing bad to say about them. Bottom line is that people are often jealous of their success.