I want to like the exterior but that exaggerated entrance is really throwing it off. Same with the rear. Photo 16 looks like a church. Love the perfectly manicured living wall though. Interior is ho-hum. Seems pricey.

Matt

This is one of the most iconic homes in Dallas, and it is easy to see why. This is one of the only houses that can pull off a blue roof, and it does this beautifully! I absolutely love the backyard. The interior is not my taste, but it isn’t too far gone. I love this stretch of Turtle Creek Dr., it reminds me of Bel air, and Holmby hills in a way. The house straight across the street is a bit odd though.

Jason

do you mean the little stucco/barrel tile roofed cottage? it is odd, but does seem like a little walled-in hilltop house in the mountains of LA. I like it! it’s like a converted garage. The large 3 story modern next to it is buy architect Lionel Morrison and has been featured in national publications.

1. 2.1.1

Matt

Ya, i think the little one is really cozy. I usually hate modern homes, especially in Dallas, but this one is awesome, i love the landscaping and the big rock that the patio is resting on! The reason that i hate modern homes(and McMansions too) in Dallas, University park, and Highland park is that they tear down the beautiful older homes that have tons of charm and character, to build their cold, most of the time ugly homes.

Jason

I can’t agree more with the oversized entryway assessment. ^ I’ve always wondered what the home looks like since the location and grounds seem amazing from the street. I’m sure the original bones are fantastic, but I’m not feeling the mid-nineties pared down interior. It would be great to see the house brought back to it’s original splendor. On a side note the upcoming movie “Monuments Men” with George Clooney is based on a book written by the owner of this house- Robert Edsel. An oil heir with a penchant for history and film…

Like Daniel, I want to like the exterior but I’m not feeling it. The outdoor areas look nice, and the grounds look lovely. The exterior of the house feels like it’s missing something. The interior seems to be lacking most of the charm and character I expect from a house of this calibre and vintage. The stairwell looks like it has a lot of character but the rest of the interior looks very plain, and is something of a disappointment.

Teddi

Before I read the description, I was shocked at the sticker price for a 3 bedroom house, but I guess you’re paying for who used to own it rather than the house itself. I looked at the pics before reading the info and the first word that popped into my head was boring. Then unimaginative and dated. But after seeing that it was built in 1929, the “dated” feeling made sense. The grounds are nice but not better than a lot of the landscapes we’ve seen. Love the pool. All in all, nothing was wowing me but the price. I cannot imagine plunking down almost $16m for a house this size, unless its history really appealed to the buyer.

Teddi