Very cool but $44 million for a fortress seems a bit pricey, even though the location looks stunning.

Roberto Landi

ITALIA <3

Gimme gimme gimme! I don’t care if it is $44 million; I’d take this in a heartbeat. Capri is beautiful beyond words, and the history of the villa alone is worth the money. It obviously needs a little updating inside, but who cares?!

WrteStufLA

And the best news is that most residential properties in Italy are actually selling at prices approx 20% lower than the asking price, even highly exclusive properties in the most desirable locations! (Maybe if I move some spare Euros out of my equities account to my fixed income, and then wash it all clean through Cyprus…) I gotta go make a coupla calls!

mak

I wouldn’t wash anything in Cyprus at this point.

Sam

Stunning location, don’t see many windows though, can imagine it being quite dark and cold inside, if its that high up i would expect its quite windy too.

Tyrrhenian Sea

Kenny, oceanfront? Really? Capri is in the Tyrrhenian Sea!

Although Capri in ENglish bears the stress on its last syllable, in Italian it’s pronounced KAH-pree. Castiglione doesn’t have the G of, for examples, ‘guess’, ‘gli’ is pronounced as LL in Spanish, something similar to ‘ly’.

Isn’t this everyone’s dream, just a little. YOur own private castle. And if the bastards start to bother you just pull up the drawbridge and man the ramparts.

8. Pingback: This waterfront castle of Roman Emperor Tiberius could be yours for €35 million | Home Chunk