Scott

The front facade of this house is strikingly similar to this house:

Especially how the single-story end pavilions are broken by the higher columned porches. That can’t be coincidental.

Sean

Take a look just east of here on Ferry Road. There are two other beautiful large estates (not quite as large as this one, but very nice). No interior pictures of those either, but great layouts in which both have unique features. They are built a couple of lots apart around the curve on Ferry Road.

I see the resemblance Scott pointed out. I think photo 1 is hilarious and a testament to the pointlessness of building something like this in a location like this. Hope it will be a multi-generation home cause it sure as sh!t is not going to sell for whatever the owners dream they can get for it.

Kenny Forder

Agreed. < $8 million given its location IMO

Yep, car dealer in my town built this gorgeous over the top mansion a few years ago and then his wife just filed for divorce last year and he is trying to sell it and can’t get an offer anywhere near what he built it for. You have to be very careful what you build and where you build it.

Clint

I completly agree Daniel. I also want to point out one of Kenny’s (and mine) favorite Mega mansions in Hickory Creek, Tx (down the road from me). It is a beautiful home, but what you don’t ever see in the pictures is the Wal-Mart literally in its back yard! You MUST build it in the right location so it will be immune to your neighbor building a trailer park next door!

It looks like it was plunked down in the middle of a field. Looking at the Google Earth history shows that it literally was. I guess if someone wants to live in a suburb of Dayton, it’d be a nice place but as has been pointed out, there probably won’t be a huge market for this if it ever hits the market.

Al Robinson

You’re welcome Kenny. I think I would sit on that back top porch all day and stare at the view. Of course, I would build something to look at in the backyard. Like a really nice swimming pool and a lagoon type area surrounding it.

Al Robinson

Sorry Kenny, I didn’t mean to have a repeat of my comment. There was a computer error or something. Is there a way of deleting it?

Al Robinson

EMajor

Hold on…symmetricalness? UH…SYMMETRY?

Kenny Forder

Yup, my own word ;-)

How inspiring.

Sam

The only reason this house has so much land is because they built it in a field- which is probably the cheapest type of land. I don’t think this house will even sell for $4 million

mak

This property willl probably end up being subdivided and sold off for lots and lots of regular (1500ft) houses. Its the only way they can recoup their investment.

Wolve

Inside pics please :(

Brian

Total investment in this property was only about $4 million so if the owners ever did want to sell they would be able to at least break even in a decent market. The property is just under 120 acres total and most of it is zoned as farmland (soy, I believe) which reduces property taxes for most of the land to almost nothing. Also, the wooded areas to the front and back of the home are large tree groves which are absolutely beautiful 3/4 seasons.

Tommy Dunaway

Are they tree haters?

Dan

I live in Centerville near this colossus of a house. Does anyone know for sure if what Venom says is right? Was it one of the local car dealers in Dayton? Anyone that lives in the area can probably narrow it down to a few different guys.

TheShire

Not a car dealer, it’s owned by a Nambian drug lord, named Mufungo Deuwait… he had it imported from a Caribbean island I heard…

Daytonian

It’s owned by the owners of an engineering, architecture, surveying, construction mgt. co. In Jan ’12 they were in a fight with the government over allegations that they had been abusing small/disadvantaged/minority business programs. The house is valued by the county at $2.3M, 17K sq ft, 14rms, 6 bed rms, 8 baths, 1 half-bath. Built in 2008.

Carol

Did the house ever sell? Just curious!