Careful….spec home building something this size can bankrupt you.

Kenny Forder

We’ve seen that all too often, unfortunately. :-/

WrteStufLA

Is this the same 6.5 acres where the late Senator Ted Kennedy once lived?

It is indeed.

I agree wholeheartedly with Daniel’s comment…projects like this often end up on the market for years (sometimes finished, sometimes not) and often sell for VASTLY below where the price began.

That said, this project will certainly be interesting to watch unfold. Assuming, that is, if it ever makes the jump from pipe dream to reality. I believe the price is somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 or $12 million heavy, but having said that, 6.5 acres on Chain Bridge Road overlooking the Potomac is damn-near unprecedented and probably constitutes one of the most desirable locations on the VA side of the District. As far as exclusive riverfront locations go, something on Crest Lane (just west of where this place is) would be more preferable from a peace and privacy standpoint, but regardless, this is Gold Coast McLean to be sure.

Now who wants to take bets on when this eventually sells? I have a feeling we’ll be measuring that in years as opposed to months.

I had forgotten, until WrteStuf above mentioned it, that this is indeed the late Ted Kennedy’s estate. That home was, last I saw, on the market for $10 million, so I’m not sure to what extent that plays into the asking price here…maybe the price isn’t quite as heavy as I thought…I’m wondering if that price is all-inclusive (demolition, etc.)

Is there THAT much of a market for a $45 million spec house? I would think that people buying a new house at this level would prefer to have something designed specifically for them. I agree with Nova that we will probably see this on the market for a while.

Randy

If this home successfully gets completed there is a unique market unlike other places .. Remember, this area is home to ambassadorial residences, consulates, and a large population of rich Indians who crave large palatial homes for their extended families. Maybe it could fetch $25million if a buyer or a government doesnt need to wait 2 years for construction .

On the other hand, who the fuck would want to live next door to Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia ? I grew up not far from this area and his house has so many infrared cameras and armed guards patroling the grounds. Imagine walking next door asking to borrow an egg .

Oh goody, another Versailles, because we don’t have enough of those already. This is at least a good area to build something like that since most of our money that is stolen from us tends to migrate to that area.

$45 million spec, that takes balls.

Sam

Another Versailles inspired mansion, how original

BRANDON OO7

Kinda boring and over done.

Mansions & More

I like the Siegel’s Versailles-inspired mansion better than this one.