Looks more like 1987 than 1927. A very shiny, pasty home. I feel like my clothes would have an oily residue after being in this place for too long.

Chris

For such a historic residence, it looks so bad. Its heartbreaking.

Hunter

Very classy place, love all the marble, stone, wood, iron work, slate roof etc…Check out the listing, looks really nice. Plus nice private lot. And SA is a wonderful place to be.

Hunter

Sorry, but I don’t see what’s so terrible about this place..7 limestone fireplaces, marble floors, exposed wood beam cealings, seriously the negativity exuded on this site is amazing sometimes!!

Happy New Year dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhling!

It doesn’t have the patina I would expect, and want, in a house from this period. It looks and feels like any other McMansion out there. There are some interesting details (living room ceiling), but they’re hidden by all the other boring bits.

Beautiful night shots, but it doesn’t hold up so well in the light of day. Did they go overboard on the renovations. San Antonio is a weirdly interesting city. Lots of old Texas genteel money mixed with heavy doses of Mexico and military. Actually the city is pretty huge but a little off the beaten track. I can’t decide about this house from the pics. Doesn’t seem to have the historical feel I would expect.

george

Happy New Year everyone.

architectsdaughter

it was a beautiful old house. in my opinion, they made a mess–especially after they carved up the land about 20 years ago. prior owner got in trouble with the law–this guy is a developer—-and boy does that show. it’s a shame, because the terrell hills location is really nice.
    happy new year, mansion lovers!