9.5 mill for this in North Carolina on a lake? What a joke. I could find you 3, three million dollar houses on the coast and each one would be better than this. I could find a couple of magnificent mountain estates for a fourth this price and I could find you some massive plantations in South Carolina with hundreds of acres including waterfront and hunting for less than this. Maybe they meant 950,000 and this is just a misprint.

The porthole dormer is annoying. Interior has some neat bits. Photographer needs to stop looking to Instagram for inspiration.

How does a house have between 11,300 and 13,300 square feet? Is it expandable?

The front is a confused mess, and the garage door (which could have easily been relocated) doesn’t help. The location looks nice. There are some nice moments in the interior, but it doesn’t excite me. The square light fixture seen through the circular stair opening is jarring, and I can only imagine what someone was thinking when they hung those bathroom curtains.

Kenny Forder

meaning they just don’t know the correct square footage =P

C

This house was designed by some big name architect. I don’t remember who, but I remember seeing this house on the market a while back and then also seeing it on the architect ( who was like an LA and NY big wig- website and being a lil surprised this random NC house was his. I have a feeling someone involved with NASCAR owns it.

This, for the most part, doesn’t impress me. The placement of the garage doors (and the weird dormer above the entryway) ruins the facade. Most of the interior is pretty middle of road…pleasant in a vague way. I do really like the 5-car garage, though…brick flooring and pressed tin ceiling look fabulous. I also like the connection to the home via double glass doors w/ sidelights and outdoor-style lighting elements…looks neat. The car collection definitely raised my eyebrows…a Ferrari 250, a modern BMW Z8 and an old Cobra? Very nice. Wish I could tell what the black one in back was…

Mercedes Benz SL.

ZigZagBoom

The Blue Door Inn? It sounds like a brothel in Rio.
    The architecture is unambiguously ugly, with that ridiculous dormer like a crowning middle finger.

lambskin

I am sure in person it looks better but I do not like at all.