I know I am going to be in the minority here, but I love it. A modern house is all about setting and this private setting is perfect for this home. Something about it would give me energy and keep me active. I could see always being on the move in this home. One thing I worry about is all the water features. I am going to guess that after a few drinks someone is going to end up wet. Need to pay attention to where you walk in this place. The lighting is clean, the lines are nice, the views are beautiful, the texture is fitting. Very nice house. I love the architectural plans, the intersecting of the various lines and features is well thought out. But who lives in Portugal?

Kenny Forder

Yeah, move it to Miami or the Hamptons ;-)

1. 1.1.1

You’d have to pay me to live in Miami, and even then I’d only be able to stand it for a few days at a time. Portugal, on the other hand, is beautiful.

The Portuguese…

tigurinn

Whenever Kenny states something like “wonderful” or “beautiful” or something to that nature, then just about everyone agrees with him. So I highly doubt you’ll be in a minority here.

However, I’m going to be in a minority because more often than not I don’t agree with Kenny – as is now, I think this “ultra-modern” (what the heck does “ultra” even mean in this context) is buttugly

Chris

In Miami, this house would be to die for, but its a waste of money in Portugal.

I think it’s fantastic. Extreme modern that doesn’t look cold. Only thing is, does this not have a garage? I hope that overhang in photo 1 isn’t the only form of covered parking.

I like it. I’d prefer to see a few more natural materials used inside, but I like what I see, and I appreciate the adherence to the rectilinear theme. I love the pool area and rear terraces. As Daniel pointed out, the apparent lack of a garage is a problem.

Derek2

The house has a web site with more pictures and some videos and you can see a large 4 car garage on the lower level.

Web Site Link: http://www.thelakehouse.me

lambskin

The house is cool. But there is a lot of pool to maintain and clean!

Jayson

A – I love it, the flow of the rooms and the overall design is amazing.
    B – the CG is incredible, its almost hard to believe that these pictures are computer generated.

Andrew

I think sometimes we nitpick and criticise just for the sake of criticising. I’m not going to do that this time because this is good. Really good.