Chris

Too generic for me.

I usually like homes from this part of Illinois but this ain’t great. Looks like it belongs more in a golf-course community outside of Atlanta. The dark wood crown molding throughout really make this place look all of its 22 years.

There are dozens (hundreds?) of spectacular North Shore mansions, and this ain’t one of them. It’s bland, it’s boring, it’s dated, and it’s not very pretty inside or out.

BJ

I’ll say something positive in noting the trompe l’oeil is actually pretty well done. But that doesn’t pack enough wow to make up for the shortcomings. Sure, it’s Sheridan Rd Winnetka power waterfront, but you see that basement shot and just cringe. Looks like a classic owner case of quantity over quality and at double the next highest priced ask in Winnetka, this dog ain’t gonna hunt.

A pity, really. And even worse is there is some cost per square foot buyer out there who is going to rejoice in this excess. Probably cover the pool to get even more footage.

Randy

If I lived here I would be in the habit of getting drunk and piss off the balcony in the middle of the night. Damn, that trompe l’oeil painting would fool me all the time after its too late and I made a mess !!

Scott

I always thought this house was an odd fit for Winnetka. Why the Luries chose an Arizona architect (John Scholz) noted for his work in Scottsdale and Florida is beyond me, but ever since I first saw this house in the 90s I have thought it was very strange, indeed.