Oh look, an English home with a traditional exterior and an uber-modern interior. How original.

ZigZagBoom

I don’t understand this. Why not just have a contemporary exterior if you want a contemporary exterior? The architect and whoever buys it must be very confused. Especially telling, a front facing garage would be OK on a contemporary exterior design, since those post-date the age of the automobile. But it looks like crap on this otherwise historic exterior. It’s a shame because the details are otherwise authentic seeming.

Again?! A large classical English house with a nightclub interior; I’m so sick of this unholy combination of styles. The front-facing garage takes a decent front facade design and turns it into tacky.

Stunning back elevation. From the front we are starting to get into Mcmansion territory. I really cannot decide about that stairway, I either love it or hate it. It looks so well done and well proportioned, that it has me confused. Maybe ultra modern is the new traditional for England now and all the houses will be done like this for the next 300 years. The pool blows me away but again I cannot decide if I love it or hate it. I think I need to live in this place for a month to decided if I like it. Kenny if you could arrange that, that would be great.

mac22

Bipolar disfunction at its worst. Just make up your mind. I want traditional or I want contemporary, but together it looks crazy. Is it a hotel, spa, office building or residence? That staircase is icy cold and better suited for an office.

BJ

This is almost the architectural equivalent of a mullet haircut. Business in the front, party in the back…

And again with a staircase that dominates (poorly) the entire house. The finish and decor are a poor attempt to translate this new London design vernacular. My eyes…they burn.

That is an old joke from my grandfather and I am not going to elaborate further.

guy

This place is a mess! Who in their right mind would want this?? a bi-polar schizophrenic freak I assume?

sov

pool thats the thing i only like.

*sigh* Infuriating.

Rebecca

Pictures of the stairs remind me of the bubbles from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.