Well, I’m sure it was nice at one point. The front facade is charming, but the facade with the garage doors is much less so. The interior is a hot mess. The stair hall with the fun house looks like someone was trying to make an optical illusion of some sort. The other rooms are really out of date. It looks like there are a lot of original details still in place, so it could be restored to something attractive. As-is, it’s terrible inside.

Hmmm, I really should have proofread my post further. Such is how it goes getting interrupted at work.

Chris

Oh dear cheesus, the front exterior is lovely and though having some lovely features, the interior is terrible.

I don’t get the two dining tables…

ted

ew @ oak kitchen

This needs some skilled and sensitive rescue work done on it. It could be wonderful but right now it’s dated (in the bad way, not good) and in need of some soul-searching to find the magic it (probably) had in the past. A lot of the rooms look like they’re set up as a fancy B&B. The kitchen is absolutely awful and should be at the top of the list for serious work.

I am going to go out on a limb and really like this place. The exterior is gorgeous and if you bing it, it is in a really nice area with some nice neighboring estates. I have spent some time in Kentucky and did not realize their was this kind of old money estate area outside of Louisville. Lexington, of course, but not Louisville. I am going to say that I kind of get the interior. It is very loud and brash and busy. This house would be suited to a lady with a mint julep in one hand and a shotgun in the closet who drives fast and talks loud. I am just seeing the type of lady who would own this. I once had a room that was totally wallpapered in tartan and the rest of the house was equally as loud. Somehow it worked. This needs some tweaking but overall this is a fine old estate.

Jeff P.

In the immortal words of Oscar Wilde, “My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or other of us has to go.”

This, I believe, is wallpaper that would have killed him.

JD

AAAHHHHH! MY EYES! MY EYES! TURN IT OFF PLEASE!!!!!!!

lambskin

Nice big rooms- not of fan of the rear elevation. Foyer and piano room even worse than the kitchen.