ZigZagBoom

I can’t wait…this place is going to be savaged. Interior is not even up to “national homebuilder – premium line” quality. The floors look particularly out of place. The exterior has a few nice points, but seems…confused. There’s almost a weird echo of a 1960s A frame – like the lake cottages we rented in the summer. (My parents were too Protestant to take us to the beach.) But then there’s an attempt to give it an English tudor flair? WTF? Oh well…it’s Charlotte. A place that seems rather ahistorical even by southern standards. They’ll have no trouble finding a buyer.

ZigZagBoom

BTW – you just know there’s usually a giant teddy bear sitting in that giant rocker (wearing a bow, of course) but the Realtor (TM) insisted on removing him for the picture.

lambskin

Fe- Fi- Fo- Fum- I thought it was the Giant’s rocking chair!
      Or it was Papa Bear’s chair awaiting Goldilocks!

Exterior = church community center. Interior = mediocre tract home with wood ceilings being the climax.

ZigZagBoom

LOL! I kid you not, the other thing I was going to compare it to was a “Methodist Bible Camp” where I remember my family dropping off my rebellious older brother one summer.

I never knew that Edith Ann was so successful, or had such bad taste.

ZigZag: there’s no reason to savage this place. It does that all by itself simply by being what it is. The interior is…well, words fail me this early in the morning.

I actually sorta kinda like the rear facade, although the style looks like a typical log home, without the logs. The pool looks like a fault line has opened up on the property.

ZigZagBoom

Yeah, the rear elevation…and the EP Henry pavers…look like they belong on another property. Agree that the attempt to have a naturalistic looking pool falls flat on its face. One of the worst I’ve seen.

I don’t think the price is going to fly for Charlotte. Charlotte is a town you only live in if you have to for work, at one of the major banks. This place is trying to be a mountain cabin but there is just no quality to it. It is like an average home blown up to 15.000 square feet. This just has no appeal.

kelly

This is never going to sell for $7.5 million. I currently live in Charlotte, any house over a million usually sits on the market for years. It’s boring here, and definitely isn’t a place that someone wealthy is just going to up and move to and pay several million for a house.

Rear facade is the only tolerable thing about this place. The front is awful, the interior is appalling and even the guest house is hideous.