Kenny Forder

This is such a cozy home! It’s decorated nicely and the rooms are spacious. There’s nothing like having an atrium in your home. So cool :-)

The foyer is a little dissapointing but the rest is very workable. That family room is fantastic – love the color scheme. The rest of the rooms just need a different paint color and you’re good to go. Maybe I’d change that kitchen island too.

I’m confused about the price: if it’s in an enclave of $14 million houses, why it is only $3 million? Many of the surrounding houses look smaller than this, so I can’t imagine they’d be worth four and a half times more.

The house itself is pretty nice. There are some design changes I’d make, such as the wall colors in the foyer, master bath, dining room, and kitchen. But, that’s just paint. I think the house would look even better with some personalization added to it, like actual books in the bookshelves in the living room. I’m unsure about the kitchen island (maybe it looks better in person), but I do love the atrium.

Kenny Forder

14, million-dollar houses lol (as in 14 total homes). Not $14 million dollar houses.

1. 3.1.1

Oh OK! My blonde hair is showing through this morning. :-/

lambskin

Double lot-so it should have an awesome back yard…no pics. Only a second floor balcony with dinette set. No doubt house built on as much land as possible-no back yard/grass- garage is under the house. Wonder what the alley looks like! No side yard. Might as well live in a condo with a view. But, it is a really cool house.

Brian

I like this house overall, but the architect did make a few mistakes. It is visually a two-story house with basement and a loooong exterior staircase. This would be OK in Miami, but this is Chicago. The entrance should have been at ground level, with staircase completely INDOORS. This would have meant a visually three-story villa, which would have been more appropriate. Also, the balcony should have been larger/deeper and more prominent, to lessen the impact of the garages. But well done overall and probably a good value.

BJ

It’s a brick—-house
    Mighty mighty, just lettin’ it all hang out
    It’s a brick—-house
    The house’s stacked and that’s a fact,
    ain’t holding nothing back.

Lionel Richie approves.

Chris

Eh, its not bad.

dan

Most urban mansions on small lots don’t appeal to me. Too many compromises to make it fit take away a lot of potential. That said, this is a cozy yet spacious interior and the atrium may be the best feature.