These huge single-story Mediterraneans always look like clubhouses to me. I wouldn’t call it ugly, but it’s something that I wouldn’t build if given a choice. The interior overall reminds me of model homes we have done here for a tenth of the price. It just doesn’t feel special, and given the asking price, I think it should.

Reference here for model home feel:

Chris

Its a gorgeous house. Amazing Entertaining Spaces indeed. But I do see a model home feeling in it.

ted

wow. i usually dont go for this style, but this house is beautiful. the pool is awesome.

BJ

The kitchen…sigh. The man cave…sigh. I could live here. And live here. And live here some more.

But damn you bankrupt California! I refuse. A platoon of Goldman Sachs tax attorneys can’t get me enough breaks to convince me buying there is a good thing. Evah.

Most of this looks waaaay too much like a hotel lobby and other public places found in hotels. And I maintain that square footage figures pushing into 5 digits are FAR too much for a one-story home.

It’s nice, but it looks like thousands of other houses in RSF. Not that that’s a bad thing, but it’s definitely not anything groundbreaking. But it IS very RSF.

The interior is uninspired in its current decorative state. The rooms are pretty much predictable all the way through, although they’re clearly staged. However, the built-in details seem very nice and with some better furniture, and some decent art, it could look really good.

Bella Dunn

Unless you have lived in RSF, then you don’t know about the custom cookie cutter track mansions there. I have toured most of them since I live there and I have been looking for a new and different home. I have found the same old thing all over RST, fake Tuscan with the same kitchens and baths. The same floor plans. This home although extremely overpriced is a step in the right direction. I found it to be refreshing and different.

Also, as for one story, think about it. Would you really want to be trapped in a 2 or 3 story as in Newport Coast when the big one hits? If so, you’d better hope they dig deep and quick to find you. Bravo for the one story homes in Southern California.

For a price comparison. Here’s a RSF home that sold for 16.5 million. Now it is being re-sold after a couple of years ownership. Still a little overpriced and sitting on the market. But yet more reasonable than the new home. The owner is taking a serious loss on this home.

dan

If I lived in a mansion, I would prefer ONE story. When I get old, I don’t want to take an elevator. I feel safer and in control with a single story. Yes RSF and Paradise Valley homes are very much alike. I like them and I really like this house. It has the features I value – like the roman tub and pizza oven! Also the construction looks like block instead of frame.

Matt

does anyone else know of a neighborhood that has a racetrack in it? lol