First off, welcome back Kenny. I hope you came through the storm unscathed.

As for this house, I like the exterior, minus the electrical wires across the street. I think the “Mexican village” look works here. I think the courtyard is great and is one of the better ones we’ve seen. It makes a beautiful entry, and it’s interesting with the staircase and fireplace.

The interior is good in a lot of ways, although I wish the Mexican-themed detailing had gone further. I think the living room ceiling and fireplace are good, but then dining room and master bedroom could have been taken a lot further. The kitchen ceiling looks silly with those stubby beams; a brick ceiling would have been much more effective. The master bath and most of the other bedrooms are way too plain. Overall I give it a B- for not committing to and fully developing the theme but still showing some promise.

It definitely has fortress like qualities to it. It reminds me of some of the fortress like compounds in Mexico City. I like the courtyard and it has a roomy kind of wander around feel to it. The bedroom looks pretty dated. I think the price is pretty high.

ZigZagBoom

LOL. It ain’t gonna feel like Santa Barbara when it’s 115F outside!

I’m usually not crazy about courtyards but this ain’t bad at all. Same goes for the interior. 10 bedrooms though…I’d probably combine one or two or make this into other living spaces.

dan

I love these southwest style resort homes. This one tho’ is not quite up to the best of them. The master b/r and library are too plain. The best rooms are the bathrooms. “Her” closet has glass enclosed cabinetry which is classy. The courtyards and fountains are very appealing but from the picture it seem the neighbors will look down on you.

lambskin

Masterbath a disappointment-especially with that ugly upholsted chair-not a place I would want to sit after a bath. Kitchen is OK-just looks small compared to the size of the rest of the house. First picture looks like the house is at risk for a constant rock slide. Houses up on hill seem weird-no space. Otherwise it is a really nice house.