Eh. Nothing really special about this. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many hi-hats in one room (living room) – did they forget chandeliers existed? Master bedroom is the nicest room in the house. Exterior is very meh. Honestly, if I wanted to live in a park-like setting I’d just go to Yellowstone or Yosemite, build a Ted Kaczynski shack and call it a day.

lambskin

I think this house is pretty. Not a fan of the upper balcony access through the master bath. The kitchen is unremarkable and placement of the pair of wall ovens in the island is terrible.

Chris

Its overall not a bad house. A little over priced, but still, not too bad.

DR.VEGAS

Not a fan of the “Italianate / Tuscan ” style architecture that makes up 90% of the McMansion housing stock in this country…but I’m not gonna hate on anybody who puts a baseball diamond on their property. :-)

BTW…dude should turn that rotunda part of the house into an observatory.I would.

ZigZagBoom

McMansions in the Northeast are mostly colonial/georgian in design, although the Italianate look seems to be slowly gaining in popularity for people who want something different.

But yeah, I saw the Italianate ones when I was out west.

You could do MUCH worse in Atlanta. Interior is nothing to write home about, but I genuinely like the exterior, it’s a nice foil to the overdone exteriors of other Atlanta mansions.

ZigZagBoom

I agree, I’ve seen much worse in Atlanta. With 16 acres, however, there no need to cram so many plants in front of the house that it looks like a physic garden in need of weeding. It almost looks like they deliberate designed some planting beds to be right there, brushing up against the windows. WTF? It would look so much better with just a few evergreen topiaries in urns and/or really low clipped hedges.

ZigZagBoom

BTW – Kudos to them for going with plaster walls. Yes, they can make future modifications a real PITA. Hopefully they got all the structured wiring installed that they will ever need. But the level of soundproofing you can get from plaster is incredible.

lambskin

Our friend has a new build-gorgeous-but the walls are so thin you can hear all sounds from the bathrooms in the adjoining rooms. This presents a big problem especially with the powder room next to the dining room!