Kenny Forder

I promise to do more of these!! :)

Jeff P.

Kenny – you do such a great job on this blog and I love knowing that you get to tour houses like these from time to time. Love this post, love the photos & love your blog! Keep up the great work! – Jeff

1. 1.1.1

Kenny Forder

Thanks, Jeff! That means SOOOO much to me. I love hearing that from my readers, it makes me like my job that much more :)

Has some nice details. Glad to see they attempted to add a bit more landscaping.

Paul

So it comes with a houseboy? jk

Kenny Forder

Indeed! haha

Last Man Standing

You take better pictures than some of the realtor pros do.
    The house is less offensive than most of the NJ monstrosities out there. But I get the feeling it’s a tract house when looking out the windows from the pictures. You never get the feeling of prosperity when you can watch the neighbor’s television through his window.
    The one killer pet peeve I have for all of these modern houses is the size of the library/study. Why have them if you can pick up a book from one bookcase and practically put it in the opposite book case without moving your feet? It ends up looking more like a bowling lane than somewhere to read.
    Still, overall far less offensive than most NJ mansions.
    (I still love Blairsden and wish I had the money for that one.)

Chris

Its quite lovely, though I would expect an outdoor pool for the price. Still the staircase, master bath, and kitchen are nice.

I don’t know if this is your full time job but it looks like you have a lot of fun. How bad can it be touring mansions for a living?

Kenny Forder

It’s my only job as of right now lol. Yes, I have a BLAST! It’s like Christmas to me when I go tour a home :) haha

marc22

A full time job touring mansions? It’s a dirty job but I guess somebody has to do it?

The house, not so bad, so much better than it’s competition out in Jersey, but it could have been done alittle better. I think somebody bought up every style of pendant and chandelier in the lighting store and managed to fit them all in here. Overall a fun tour of a nice house.

Now get into Blairsden please and take some photos!!!!!

Kenny Forder

I agree with you about the lighting fixtures haha. The bad things about the house is that there is no elevator, no entrance to the lower level from the foyer and the backyard isn’t that big.

1. 8.1.1

Tony

Are you saying there should be an elevator in the foyer that leads to the lower level? I think there should be some stairs near the back of the house somewhere like where the stairs to the basement would normally be or an elevator somewhere off to the side or the back of the house that leads to the lower level.

1. 8.1.1.1

Kenny Forder

No, there should be an elevator in the hallway. There are stairs near the back of the house too. That’s the only way you can get to the basement. I’m saying there should be a way to get to the basement near the foyer as well.

1. 8.1.1.1.1

Tony

Oh ok, I don’t think I have ever seen a house with basement stairs in or near the foyer though. Stairs leading to the basement are usually in the back of a house.

Ted