I’m sure this would make an excellent B&B and restaurant. Architecturally it does nothing for me.

The cottage is very cute and quaint outside, and respectable inside although there isn’t anything that particularly excites me about it. The other buildings on the property are certainly impressive, but I thought I was looking at a public library at first…the amenities are certainly outstanding, it’s just a strange architectural look to go for, considering the style and age of the cottage. Like Daniel said, it would work as some kind of commercial property…

The exterior pictures make it look like a church. Then again, I think the building itself looks like a church. Is that the new stables? The older building that I’m guessing is the cottage is better looking, but I’m still not in love with it. The interior is a weird conglomeration of styles, and I can’t say that I’m fond of it.

Tom Duddle

Wow! It gives immense pleasure to the eyes:) the cottage is amazing, we feel like keep on looking at the photographs; I really want to visit once :)

Jeff P.

I can forgive it for looking like a church. :) This is a gorgeous home and really captures all the things I like about modern architecture without falling back on any of the things I don’t. This home is breathtaking, and I love the way it is decorated as well.

The “modern” building is actually the recreation building, the home itself is a traditional style cottage.

1. 5.1.1

Jeff P.

Th photos made it look as thought the two have been integrated into a larger home structure. At least that’s how I would prefer it myself. The more I look at this place, the more I like it. :)

Joejoe509

Oh wow! How unique! I actually like it! I think this house deserves a second look. It’s better than seeing the same ‘ol Mediterranean or Greenwich home. It doesn’t really blatantly follow any trend or any one style. Would I ever live in a house like this? No it’s far too weird but I can certainly appreciate it.

I think this house would look much better (less like a church) without the spires on top.

Hunter

I like this estate. I’d change some of the furniture inside, not so many upright chairs, a few more comfy couches/love seats instead. I’d love to see more pics of the interior. I really like architecture, very cool and modern but with a classic style blended in. Gotta be a horse lover too if you own this place. Really excellent facilities for the equines. Big thing for me is all that land. To me privacy and land are the big advantages when your rich. I’m always confused when people plop down millions or even tens of millions on an estate and have like 1 or 2 acres or even less. If I’m spending that much, I want some privacy and space to roam. I’m not living my life inside, not matter how amazing the house may be.

Horsfan

This home owned by Mr. Ostendorf. No wonder he likes to selling it. His Company getting ready to collapse.

Chris Kohler

I wouldn’t have thought I’d ever see a German estate here on the site. Wealthy Germans are strangely secretive and most of them don’t really show their wealth but live in surprisingly humble homes.
    I once lived near Mr. Wiedeking for a while, the former CEO of Porsche. The guy made as much as the big American CEOs but he lived in a small house in a middle class neighborhood, only a few hundred meters away from a few big, ugly housing projects for poor immigrants. His daughter attended the local public school.
    That apparently is pretty typical for rich Germans. They live upper middle class lifes even with a net worth in the 8 or 9 figure sphere.
    This estate here isn’t much compared to US American splendor, but for German standards it is outright decadent.