Victor

To be honest, I kinda like it for some reason…the only down side is that it is in Oklahoma. Looks like more of a Beverly hIlls kinda property

The thumbnails didn’t look so bad but upon closer inspection it is pretty tacky. The exterior is interesting, but the beige colored stone looks weird. Also, talk about a hassle getting to the front door. The foyer is odd. The alcove with the couch and 2 chairs looks like an afterthought. What the heck is with the weird details in the finishes (fireplace, the end of the kitchen cabinets)? Can’t say I like any of the rooms presented. Odd indeed.

dilettante

Everything in me *wants* to say no, but I’m oddly attracted to this house.

The cabinetry in the kitchen is phenomenal, although I would’ve used white calcutta marble countertops and perhaps a parquet floor.

J.Danny.McNamara

All the weird curvy shit reminds me of the cheesecake factory.

Limedaiquar

Now that you mention it…it does!

Oh wow…you’re right, it does look like a Cheesecake Factory.

Jeff P.

I have to hand it to the architects for creating something a little different, instead of yet another faux Med. It’s not my cuppa but I can see the appeal.

Allen

Why hide the square footage? I clicked on the realtor’s site and she didn’t put it there either. I googled the home and it is about 11,000 square feet but I don’t see the point of hiding that. I mean, you are asking 6M for the house!

marc22

All the “weird details and curvy stuff” as commenters have quoted, is the Art Noveauization of the interiors. Some works and some not so much, but I like that the owners tried to personalize the home with a rarely used design style. However, if you are going to go with a radical design idea then you need to do it 110%, Here the kitchen cabinets, balcony railings, living room fireplace and entry hall floor design are just pieces, easily removed from the home and then what you have left is a typical boxy center hall colonial looking home and layout. The design style demands to be three-dimensional and the ceilings, interior columns, doors and windows should be as sculptural and flowing as the railings and kitchen cabinets are. Its nice but I bet a really hard sell for sure. Most buyers are not looking for that much personalization.

mak

Exactly. For example, the bare columns in the front hall should have been much more stylized and organic looking then they are. Another glaring example, the fire place column, looks like it was an afterthought, rather than an organic part of the house.

I don’t see it.

1. 7.1.1

Jeff P.

YES, those columns in the hall need something.

lambskin

I like the exterior. The fire hydrant in the front lawn cracks me up. The inside is hideous.

mak

haha…I didn’t even notice that!

Well, it’s different, but I can’t say that I like it. The Art Noveau bits seem to be stuck on rather than an integral part of the house. AS Marc22 pointed out, what’s underneath that is just the run-of-the-mill beige house with nothing special about it.

Incidentally, this is NOT the area of Tulsa I’d chose to live in, if I had to live there again. The area around Philbrook Art Museum (the area I grew up in) is filled with beautiful old houses, many built by early 20th century oil barons, like this: http://binged.it/LR54gJ

george

The house you showed was really nice. A lot nicer than anything we’ve seen in quite a while.

Jason

OMG OMG OMG! one of my favorite houses in Tulsa. I drove by on the way to the Philbrook and almost peed my pants. this is a Richardson Robertson home that was inspired by this Dallas beauty-see below. (my favorite house in all of Dallas). the Tulsa home was featured in Southern Accents a few years ago and the parents of the Robertson home live a few miles away in a Fergusen Shamamian home. talk about a legacy of architecturaly significant homes.

CEM

There are probably hiding it bc in Tulsa $6m for 11k sq.ft. is prolly really high.

I really kind of like it, surprisingly. It is not my style but it is interesting. The builder must really like 1920’s Paris. I was surprised to find this in Tulsa. My guess is that this is owned by some oil guy who spends a lot of time in Paris with his wife and they just decided to bring it home.

Limedaiquar

Bad interpretation of Art Nouveau.

architect121

So how about that Health care law? haha jk I’m not starting a political debate. I hate this house. Period. The kitchen is throw-up worthy. End of story.

James

The curvy stuff on the foyer floor is suposed to resemble a sweeping staircase? Thats my guess

Chris

I love this. Its different. I would live here.

Ted

i like it kind of. the front door is hideous though.