Jeff P.

Home sales in most major cities are up, but they remain down in Atlanta due to a glut of homes on the market. We also have one of the highest foreclosure rates of major cities.

Limedaiquar

What an ugly P.O.C.

J.Danny.McNamara

It looks like a set. What is going on with that kitchen?

Kenny Forder

I don’t know, but I’ve never seen those kind of cabinets before on the island. I kinda like it!

12 bathrooms for 6 bedrooms? Whoever designed it must be full of shit. As for the house itself, I sort of like the front facade, even though it’s somewhat bank-like. The rear facade thrills me less; it simply feels like a fortress. The interior is best described as a blank slate, but some of the spaces are just not good. I hate the living room that’s overlooked by the hallway/gallery, but to be fair I hate that in any house. The chimney breast with the two windows on each side look like a face with a big nose, and I’m wondering if the paint color used was called “Smoke Damage”. To make it worse, the stubby columns on the upper gallery look ridiculous; their proportions are so bad it’s not funny.

The kitchen is too fancy for my liking: Chippendale belongs in the dining room, but not the kitchen. They layout of the kitchen is terrible, at least the parts we can see. There’s very little storage or work space, and the sink and stove being back-to-back like they are is always a bad idea. I’m guessing there’s at least one dishwasher on one side of the sink, which means when it’s open that the cook is tripping over the door. The adjoining family room looks more like a warehouse and doesn’t match the style of the kitchen at all.

Overall I would have to rate this as a big miss.

Mak

Lovin’ the play on words there Growwler. “Paint color called Smoke Damage”! Hahhhhaaa!

Exterior ain’t bad, but I’m struggling to see the showcase part of the interior. The living room is downright hideous with the double columns and the clerestory windows. I personally hate the kitchen. The rear of the home really doesn’t belong. I have a feeling you can do a lot better in the area.

Jeff P.

While it is a sought-after neighborhood, you can definitely do better in ATL.

Lonnie

Wow…I remember this house being featured on one of the episodes of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. One of the cast members hosted her anniversary party there.

Joejoe509

Yeesh. This is fancy in all the wrong places and not fancy enough in all the important areas.

Funny how there’s literally ZERO evidence left that this was ever a design show house…I mean, I realize that a lot of what makes a home a show house is the furniture and other pieces of decor that leave when someone moves out, but still. The shot of the facade really underscores this home’s status as a foreclosure…it just looks sad and neglected in spite of the young age of the home.

The design itself? Leaves plenty to be desired…I direct you to any of the above comments for the details on that. No thank you.

Chris