Al Robinson

I guess I don’t understand what makes this worth $65 million. It must be for the land, much much much more than for any building on the property. The building looks nice, but NOT $65 million nice.

BTW, this reminds me of the movie “The Descendants.”

Hmm. I’ve never seen the allure of this type of property. Perhaps it’s because I haven’t screwed enough people over to warrant such a hideaway.

Mark

Finally, some real value for money…

2700 acres in Hawaii…wow. You can’t even critique a “property” like this, it’s just so…singular. Certainly a striking piece of land, but the list of people in the market for something like this has got to be minuscule, minus one.

Did anyone else crack up when they read the line about “Hawaii’s first railroad tycoon”?

Clearly this is all about the land. The house, although historic, resembles turn of the 20th century military housing. The setting and acreage are pretty spectacular though, and I’m guessing this much contiguous land on Oahu is otherwise unobtainable at this point.

Boy, we are really in the stratosphere lately. Almost a quarter of a billion dollars in real estate on this page alone.

Chris

It is most likely for the land (the high price), though I do like the large covered porch, its very large and spacious.

Jeff P.

Simply fantastic. I would buy this property, re-sell all but the nicest 100 acres, build a dream house, and live like a king forever. :)

Joseph

With four square miles of land you could make a huge profit considering that is the size of a very small town. I find it funny that you could buy either a penthouse in New York or a mansion on several miles of land with enough money left over to build hotels, shops, and mid-rise apartments.

Those are interesting thoughts to ponder, but I wonder what kind of zoning issues are present in all of this. It may very well be the case that the land would be difficult or impossible to subdivide or sell off.

lambskin

No pool. (LOL) Seems the listing is targeting horse folks. I wonder where all the reno money.

Kim T.

I live here on the island of O’ahu, Hawai’i. We’re considered the metro island. Any amount of space is going to be expensive. Like everyone said, the house is nothing much to look at. If you research the housing market in O’ahu Hawai’i, this is a steal!!! One can dream…