Tony

It looks to me like a great large home for a family. And worth the price.

While I admire the use of ivy, it REALLY does not belong on this house. Ends up looking abandoned. The trifecta of balconies and identical architectural features on the front looks like it was photoshopped in. The interior is a joke. Only feature I like with this is the manicured cabbage lookin’ hedges in the back.

Marie

I like the pool and the kitchen the rest just don’t appeal to me at all.

lambskin

I love the kitchen too but am not a fan of non SS sinks. I do not like infinity edged pools.

Limedaiquar

“Cheap and Tacky”

Brian

The Mayan/Aztec? waterfall emerging out of the house may be the most bizarre single “architectural” detail I have ever seen. Once the ivy fully engulfs the house, however, the effect is likely to be more successful.

Indeed, then maybe they can film Indiana Jones 5 there.

And once the ivy completely envelopes the house we won’t have to look at it anymore. That will be an improvement.

Not feeling this at all. I don’t know what they were going for inside, but I don’t like it, and the exterior is one of those amorphous blobs that doesn’t seem to commit to any known architectural style and seems built for the purpose of trying to impress people. It doesn’t impress me.

I had to look up Marble Falls, Texas because I had never heard of it. Wikipedia tells me the median household income is just under $31,000 and 16.5% of families are under the poverty line. Put that together with the fact that it’s 50 miles to the nearest major city and I’d say we have a house that’s out of its element. Normally I’d say the price seems reasonable for how much house you’re getting, but now it’s starting to look spendy. Just saying…

Joseph

Well, I was looking at the town on Bing maps and it has a low income and high poverty rate because it is mostly rural. If it were a suburb or urban neighborhood, it probably wouldn’t be wise, but the crime probably isn’t high.

Also, the house appears to be an inflated mcmansion. I’m seeing a hybrid contemporary-Italianate with a generic kitchen and lifeless interior. Sure the house is nice, but it doesn’t seem like a bright and friendly place to live.

It could be a lovely property, but someone stuck that hideous house on it. The exterior is an absolute mess and the interior is an atrocity. I just can’t fathom what someone was thinking.

Hugh

I really like this place. One of my favorite views.

Chris

it looks like a cookie cutter mcmansion on steriods

Oliver

eh, front entrance sort of gets lost in all that monumentality.. very repetitive front facade. the waterfall is definitely weird. I do like it though, especially the back and the long straight sidewalks. plus you get a boat!