Limedaiquar

2001 chic

I like the exterior. Far better than the majority of homes we see here. Only thing I don’t like is the 4 circular windows framing the entrance – a bit too busy. Interior is completely overdone, almost hoarder-like with the knick-knacks. Maybe if they removed every single piece of furniture I could see the architecture hiding behind it.

This makes me go Meh. Like Daniel said, it’s better than many we see here, but it doesn’t thrill me. The exterior is OK; the massing and scale of the front looks decent. I do like the front entrance with the double staircases. The interior has some possibilities, but it’s way too frilly in its current state. It definitely needs a good decorator.

Beyond the decor, there are some architectural issues I have with the interior. The flat ceilings in many of the room look very low, at least compared to the other proportions of the rooms. I am not a fan of the style of living room in this place; the double-height ceiling and the balcony overlooking the space just make it feel “off”. The dome over the master bedroom sitting area looks completely out of place and doesn’t relate to the rest of the ceiling at all; it’s like it was an afterthought. The house looks very dark inside, especially considering that the pics seem to be taking in bright daylight. What is the railing in picture 17 on the Realtor web site? I’m guessing it a “performance rail” for someone to rest their hand on while singing (it appears to be a music room). If it’s meant to be a design element and appear like a fence to tacky mural behind it, then it’s just plain horrible.

lambskin

No pool.

Mak

It has the feel of a Disney princess movie, very much like “Beauty and the Beast” about it; especially the front facade.

I don’t think that’s what they intended, and no, I don’t think it’s a good thing.

Another thing that really bothers me is the fact that they got access to the two adjoining lots by laying a driveway through this lot. It is as if the neighbors drive right through the front yard of this house to get to their property. Look at it on the birdseye view. Rich people should have their own private driveways.

WTF? I hadn’t noticed that with the driveway. That’s hideous, having a neighborhood street right in the front yard.

Joejoe509

Good call Mak! I probably wouldn’t have looked at the aerial without your recommendation! This is the worst kind of “luxury” suburbia.

I generally like the exterior, it’s very elegant. I’m not sure about the home’s placement fronting to a 4-lane road though, and the lack of a pool is glaring for a 7 million dollar home.

Inside is WAAAY too busy. It’s a cliched statement, but the bones look decent, it just needs all new decorating.

marc22

Exterior actually has some nice lines and is done very well but the interior is a bit too frilly as has been mentioned. Like the rear enclosed porch but the bones are good. The main problem with this house is that it appears too be the most expensive house in the entire neighborhood. neighboring homes are valued far below this home averaging well below $1M. Never want to buy the most expensive property in your neighborhood. The home seems over priced for what you get and no pool is a severe oversight.

Also that street running past the front yard is a good idea. It most likely is a private lane and serves only the three houses facing Franklin. Provides greater privacy than having ones home access onto the public streets. The separate private road is probably the best feature for those three homes.

lambskin

When you click the listing check out the listing for the neighbor at 1503 Pickney? That house is even worse than this one!

Joejoe509

Take a quick stroll with street view. Every house looks exactly like this one. No one has a real fence and zero privacy. To be honest, this house is looking better and better compared to some of the others in the neighborhood.

Joejoe509

I really liked this house on the first run through the pictures. But then for some reason I liked it less and less. The exterior is alright, but it’s just SO early 2000’s and there’s no obvious easy way to fix it. The interior is also just alright and it’s really difficult to see past all the junk and clutter. If my wife had control of all the decorating, I’m sure our house would end up like this. The bones of the interior seem workable, however. It’s dated too, but not as severly as the exterior. Just about every piece of furniture would need to go. Change out some granite or wood here and there and I think you’d be mostly okay. For me the worst part is the two-story great room. It doesn’t match the rest of the house at all. And I would definitely need to cover up that dome in the bedroom.

Add in the funky driveway (look at the aerial), the complete lack of privacy, being way too close to a busy road, the complete lack of a pool, and the overboosted price and I will have to respectfully say NO.