Limedaiquar

Its nice. But its nothing special on the outside to me. And where’s Turks And Caocos?

Michael

for your information Turks and Caicos is located in Caribbean. and its such a shame how you misspelled the name of the country when the name is right in front of you.

1. 1.1.1

clay

way to be a jerk michael. give a guy a break

2. 1.1.2

A

hahahaha agreed. what an ignorant prick..probably inbred..

This is definitely an amazing property. The setting is spectacular, and the Turks & Caicos are really beautiful. As for the house, it is somewhat boring on the outside and feels like a hotel on the inside. I do like the library and the turret room.

I love this inside and out. Only thing that I would change is the living room murals. Stunning.

Jeff P.

I agree. I have actually been reeling since I first saw this house. And, it was featured on an episode of “Private Islands” on Wealth TV, which I also watched recently. Save for the murals (living room and theater), this is the perfect house. I would never leave.

Cin An

Isn’t this Tim Blixseth’s property for which there was a big scandal for real estate tax fraud and a recent multi-million dollar judgement? Is the property free and clear of government tax liens?

Tay

speechless…

Hugh

Spectacular

May be the best house ive seen on this site :)

Justin

excuse me while i drool all over myself… ive been waiting for a post on this. this and a house in beverly park top my list of all time favourite houses

sam

I see this house and its price and I think of two things: Hurricane disaster and kidnapping by pirates. To be so rich and exposed just seems like a bad idea. Definitely a great rental property but if I had that kind of money I wouldn’t want to be so exposed like that. I prefer a property in Laguna Beach called Sugarloaf once owned by Ron Burkle. Otherwise this property is amazing!

Brian

When I saw this I thought – storm surge. But kidnapping is a real possibility too, unless, an unlisted feature is a battery of stinger missiles. I agree, rental property only. I don’t think a risk/reward/amenities calculation would support this price. I would say it’s a very interesting property, but hard to see anyone paying over $30M max.

A

I’ll be sure to buy Sugarloaf and burn it to the ground just so I can piss on the ashes while you cry about it

Joejoe509

Holy Moly! What a property!! This is the quintessential fantasy tropical home! I can’t say I would ever want to live there full time or even a few months out of the year. Honestly this type of lifestyle isn’t for me and it would grow old after a while. But I would definitely pay to vacation for a few weeks. Wow! I absolutely love all the views, the bridges, the stone walk, and just about anything else on the exterior.

If I am to offer critique, I don’t much like the murals – any of them. But I could see how someone might like them. The spiral staircase certainly looks cool, but it reminds me of something from a yacht. Why 3 stories? Crazy… The master bedroom isn’t intimate at all. Overall the interior isn’t my favorite, but it’s certainly nice.

deedubya

Pirates in T&C? Uhhhhhhhhhh no. ONE of the most beautiful estates in the world…

sam

I used the word pirates ironically, but, yes, where ever there are rich people and poor people there are kidnappers.

Mike

*drool*

**drool more**

James

FIRST OF ALL IM SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST…PLEASE DONT BE SCARED AWAY BY ITS LENGTH…SO FOR STARTERS I LOVE IT! IT’S A MAGNIFICANT ESTATE! LETS START ON THE OUTSIDE…HOW MANY HOUSES HAVE YOU SEEN THAT HAVE A TENNIS COURT THAT IS ON ITS OWN ISLAND SUROUNDED BY CLEAR BLUE WATER? NEXT, THERE IS THE LAGOON AREA SURONDED BY A DRIVEWAY WITH A WATER TRAMPOLINE AND TWO ISLANDS! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME FOR WHEN THE WAVES ON THE OCEAN ARE TO BIG TO GO SWIMING IN… :D NEXT, A REMOTE-CONTROLLED SWING BRIDGE!!! I WOULD LOVE THAT…I COULD KEEP UNWANTED GUEST OUT HA HA…NOW INSIDE,THERE IS THE BEAUTIFUL 3 STORY LIVING ROOM WITH A WATER FOUNTAIN FLOWING DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAIRS,ABSOLUTELY GEORGEOUS, THEN THERE IS THE PIANO NOOK WITH 180 VIEWS! I PLAY PIANO AND I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY AND LOOK AT THAT VIEW :D THEN THERE IS THE 3 STORY LIBARY!!! :O THAT HAS A BEAUTIFUL SPRIAL STAIRCASE AND IM GUESSING THAT THE PIC AFTER THE LIBARY PIC IS OF THE 3RD FLOOR WITH ITS OWN BAR AND SITTING AREA TO HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS WHILE ENJOYING THE VIEWS! AND DONT FORGET THE 2 STORY MASTER BEDROOM…I DONT KNOW WHAT IS ON THE SECOND FLOOR BUT IT JUST LOOKS COOL…PERHAPS THE MASTER CLOSET? A 360 VIEW GYM! OK FOR THOES OF US THAT HAVE HOME GYM’S OR GO TO THE GYM HOW MANY OF YOU LOOK AT A WALL OR A MIRROR WHILE EXCERCISEING? JUST IMAGING LOOKING AT THE OCEAN WHILE TONING YOUR ABS…THE POOL IS ALSO AMAZING WITH ITS MULTI LEVEL ZERO EDGE DESIGN…THE ONLY THING IM NOT SHURE I LIKE IS THE HOME THEATER…HOME THEATERS ARE JUST ONE OF THOES THINGS YOU HAVE TO SEE IN PERSON TO KNOW IF YOU LIKE IT…AND AS FOR THE PRICE…ITS UNDERSTANDABLE I MEAN LOOK AT “THE WHISPERING ROCK ESTATE” ITS LISTED AT 78MIL. AND IT’S NOT EVEN HALF THE HOUSE AS THIS ONE… SORRY AGAIN FOR SUCH A LONG POST I JUST LOVE THIS HOUSE AND I FELT LIKE TELLING YOU GUYS WHY…

Joejoe509

First off, I didn’t read this. It’s not the length. It’s the CAPS. Yeesh. Tone it down and I might be more inclined to read it. It’s hard on the eyes my friend.

1. 12.1.1
      2. 12.1.2

James

sorry joejoe509 i was un aware that my caps lock was on…my bad… i will post it in lowercase :)

please read it and tell me what you think :D
        thanks

I LOVE this, totally against my better judgment. Really fantastic.

James

first of all im sorry for such a long post…please dont be scared away by its length…so for starters i love it! it’s a magnificant estate! lets start on the outside…how many houses have you seen that have a tennis court that is on its own island surounded by clear blue water? next, there is the lagoon area suronded by a driveway with a water trampoline and two islands! that would be awesome for when the waves on the ocean are to big to go swiming in… next, a remote-controlled swing bridge!!! i would love that…i could keep unwanted guest out ha ha…now inside,there is the beautiful 3 story living room with a water fountain flowing down the middle of the stairs,absolutely georgeous, then there is the piano nook with 180 views! i play piano and i would love to play and look at that view then there is the 3 story libary!!! :o that has a beautiful sprial staircase and im guessing that the pic after the libary pic is of the 3rd floor with its own bar and sitting area to hang out with friends while enjoying the views! and dont forget the 2 story master bedroom…i dont know what is on the second floor but it just looks cool…perhaps the master closet? a 360 view gym! ok for thoes of us that have home gym’s or go to the gym how many of you look at a wall or a mirror while excerciseing? just imaging looking at the ocean while toning your abs…the pool is also amazing with its multi level zero edge design…the only thing im not shure i like is the home theater…home theaters are just one of thoes things you have to see in person to know if you like it…and as for the price…its understandable i mean look at “the whispering rock estate” its listed at 78mil. and it’s not even half the house as this one… sorry again for such a long post i just love this house and i felt like telling you guys why…

Jeff P.

The area above the master bedroom is a small loft like space that is set up as an office, which is a relief because it makes the MBR seem kind of overexposed otherwise.

The pool and the beautiful stone waterfalls that circle the entire living room area are one of my favorite features of this house, but the photos really don’t show it off to full effect.

1. 14.1.1

James

Thanks for letting me know what that second level is in the master bedroom… and i agree,the waterfalls are beautiful :D

Joejoe509

Much better thank you. :-) You’ve got some pretty fun ideas! I think that this house could be a great fantasy house for anyone. I would like to see it retain its relaxed vacation style rather than turn into a family sized tropical resort. In fact if I owned this property, I might tone down a thing or two. Not to make it boring but to introduce a more relaxed and traditional attitude. I would probably rent it out for most of the year.

Personally I like to have privacy when I’m working out and I think that room is better served as a sitting/relaxing area. Those views are wasted on such a utilitarian room if you ask me. But someone who is already toned and good looking might not mind all the exposure. Same goes for the master bedroom. I think it’s a bit overexposed but the view is amazing and I’m sure it’s more intimate with the curtains closed. Again, this reminds me of a yacht.

I don’t think you would have to worry about guests. I bet hardly anyone would know where you live or how to get there (except perhaps a pirate or two ;-D). But I see what you’re saying. A simple locking entrance gate and an automatic machine gun would probably do the same though. ;-)

I think the home theater is nice, or at least better than average. I would probably replace the murals but that’s about it. You’re right that sometimes seeing things in person changes your opinion but that’s true for just about every house and every room. Pictures can be decieving.

I think everyone agrees that the Wispering Rock Estate is WAY off base with its price. That said, I don’t think I would pay 48M for this house either. I think 30M is a little closer to reality but I’m not an expert.

1. 14.2.1

James

Thanks for reading it…im glad you liked it and had some good opinions…im thinking that maby its priced at 48M so that a buyer could negotiate and feel like he is getting a good deal…maby 30M is their lowest sale price??? who knows :)

James

Hey kenny…i think i can draw the floor plans to this home :)

Onions

Christ, this place is perfect. The only thing I would change would be the removal of the gym. Not that I’m against home gyms but, when THAT place is your home, there is absolutely no need to do anything else in life but lounge, get fat, do drugs, get laid and smile 24/7.

Hunter

This is my fav. property I’ve ever seen on here; absolutely perfect. I’d keep everything. I wouldn’t change a thing, and for essentially your own private island/resort in the Caribbean, if I were loaded and could afford it I’d happily pay 40mil or so.

Kyle

IMO, this home is nothing special. It’s just large. But there is nothing even very luxurious-seeming about it to me. It’s just BIG and in a very nice location. It does not look very comfortable at all, I mean there’s no “home” feeling to it. Even if one didn’t plan to live there all the time, you still want that “home away from home” feeling.

James

I got ahold of the realator and he said that the house might have some tax issues still… :P

Robert

Hi all,

Great posts about Emerald Cay, some are spot on (James) and some a little off, to be expected if you have never really seen the property.

Our company, Regency International Estates and the Exclusive Affiliates of Christie’s International Real Estate for the Turks and Caicos Islands represent Emerald Cay, and can’t begin to say how spectacular the Estate is.

Totally surrounded by beautiful turquoise waters and separated from the mainland by a unique “swing-bridge”, this property is one of a kind in the TCI and even the Caribbean

For those who want to see more of Emerald Cay take a look at the link below.

Regency International Estates

A great property and our firm have represented it for the past 4 years…Sold it 2 weeks ago :-)
    Regency International Estates ~ Exclusive affiliates of Christie’s International Real Estate.

Delia

It is a bueautiful property, but it is not an actual island. It is a manmade island made of lots and partially government property. The tennis court and all that side of the property is land fill and therfore it is not a part of the property. So to pay $48 million for waht appears to be what it is not is to do yourself and injustice. Everyone that is apart of the HMA has a remote for the bridge. Which tells you that it is not a private island, as is falsely stated. Unless it has been re-zoned to be actually a private island. The list of messes that need to be cleaned up on the island is long. I sure hope the new owners looked into this and were able to get it cleaned up.

shirley elder

this is a HOUSE not a home. would rather have a shack and be happy than live in something like this – ugh!!