Lonnie

I’m in love with the wine cellar.

Hmm. Seems like two different interior designers worked on this, with the one who did rooms 11, 12, and 15 coming out on top. I agree, that wine cellar is very cool, but it really deserves a much cooler house to call home…something Moorish perhaps. Photo 11 reminds me of something Peter Marino would do if he was on a budget. Lastly, I really like the veined marble on the wall in photo 15. The other rooms are Rooms-2-Go worthy, and so is the exterior.

1. Put as many disparate competing styles into a blender as it will hold.
    2. Run on Frappé for 2 minutes.
    3. Pour onto an empty lot in Franklin, TN
    4. Voila! You have this house.

The exterior is dull as dishwater. There are some interesting rooms inside, but as a whole it’s too schizophrenic. The wine cellar is interesting, but it’s too gimmicky for me. The guest house living room is my favorite space, and it’s too bad the entire house doesn’t look like that. The dining room is laughable: the rug is oriented the wrong way; the curtains look like they were washed on hot and then not ironed; and the big chairs at each end of the table are completely out of proportion. I would love to watch someone try to extricate himself from the dining table by having to push one of those chairs back, without assistance, while sitting in it. Even more entertaining would be watching the same person try to pull one of those chairs up to the table, considering the back legs will get caught on the rug.

Joejoe509

Ohh man… I’m shocked. This is what happens when people with bad taste get a nice house and don’t hire a designer. This is terrible.

If you burned every piece of furniture we might be on the right track. Anything that isn’t nailed down must go. Sorry Lonnie but that wine cellar is an atrocity. I would tear it down on Day One. Cool? Yes, but it does not belong within a 50 mile radius of a house like this one. The themed “X” pattern flooring throughout gets old. In fact, it looks like they tried to cover it up themselves with a few strategic area rugs at some point.

This house has a serious split personality disorder! It almost seems like a married couple couldn’t decide what style to go with. Instead of fighting about it, they were both allowed to put their own touches on the house without the other making any comments on it and a complete disregard for the end product.

My favorite pictures are the first and second one and then it’s mostly downhill from there. Each picture gets worse than the last one until you’re ready to vomit by the time the wine cellar makes an appearance. Thankfully the last four pictures are almost tame enough to keep my lunch from coming back. Other than the forgettable Hampton Inn bedset and carpeting, the bedroom isn’t terrible. The exterior is boring, but passable for 2002. That staircase looks about 90% wonderful.

Joejoe509

Well… there you have it folks! Grrrowler, Daniel and I all came up with just about the same opinion within a half hour. I call this one bulldozer worthy.

Brian

Architecturally, this is Mock Gothic, or more properly Mothic. They could do better than this in 1830 – really. If you looked only at houses like this, you might conclude architecture is a lost art in the US (and elsewhere). I suspect that the really GOOD properties are not being turned over like these insipid ones. The employment market and the marriage market are similar, in that the best rarely come on the market, the worst come up over and over again. ‘Nough amateur cultural anthro for now.

Limedaiquar

It’s…terrible.

Orlando

That wine cellar is not in that house it just cant be…Kenny your not playing a one of these interiors do not belong game are you?? lol

Kenny Forder

Haha noooo ;)

If you need me, I’ll be getting drunk in the cool wine cellar, trying to forget about the home that wine cellar is in.

lambskin

The steamroom is too big- how many people are going to come over for a steam?

Rebecca

I clicked on the link for the posting and it says the page is not there.