Ehhh. Built in 2004? So that interior has remained unfinished and almost certainly not air-conditioned for the past 7 or so years…in central Florida…on a lake? That is just asking for trouble. Honestly, I don’t think the house would be worth the asking price if it was completely finished and offered turn-key furnished. And in my opinion, if you’re going to build a Bermuda style home, you should be within 10 minutes of a beach, but that’s just me.

Kenny Forder

I’m guessing the current owner didn’t have enough money to finish the interior and just let it sit there for 7 years. Now they’re saying that the interior is “decorator ready”. Hmm, I wonder what kind of problems the interior has after sitting unfinished for that long.

Plain J.

Even though it’s unfinished, I still believe the property has potential. However, the asking price is steep…….

Nick

Tragic and unacceptable.

I’m sure.

Brian

The place next door is available for about $1.5M more, and although somewhat smaller, is finished. It represents a much better buy, and could probably bought for $7M.
    I’d take the neighboring property if I was interested in the area. Especially as the architectural design is mediocre and the unbroken staircase run is disturbing. It would probably take $2.5M to finish this one.

This is certainly different…and unfortunate. I can’t say I’m an expert on “Bermuda Colonial” style homes, but this has more than a whiff of 1980s to it from the outside. Anyone with a few brain cells and any sense of self preservation would turn and run from this “project”.