As mid-century moderns go, it’s decent. The furnishings are uninspired, but that’s easily fixed. I think the Hollywood history of the house is really interesting, but is it worth $12,000,000? The location doesn’t seem good, at all. It’s on a hill surrounded by suburbia. I’m guessing when it was built it was out on its own, which would have made it much nicer.

Uh, no. The front looks like two trailers stacked on top of each other. The lot is interesting though. I don’t see how you can park 200 cars on the property though, unless they’re Smarts. Can someone explain why what looks like a lake at the bottom of the mountain is intentionally blurred out on Bing Birds-Eye? Area 52 or something?

I also wondered about the blurred area on Bing’s birds-eye view. The aerial view and Google maps doesn’t blur it. There are some old roads in the area but it doesn’t look like much else.

1. 2.1.1

Hugh

Maybe someone was doing something crazy there when they were taking the Birds Eye View. On the Bing Aerial its normal.

Actually it looks like those cheap motels you always see like in CSI LV or My Name is Earl where they have the outside balconies that you walk up that overlook the pool. The motels that always have the drug deals, shootings etc. lol

You could also go with converted shipping containers.

1. 2.2.1

I agree. Could pass for any 1960s motel in S. Florida, catwalks and all. Dreadful to call home.

a LEGO house. I assume that the land must be worth $11,000,000 or something.

Hugh

I saw this on NCIS: LA a couple days ago!

I haven’t even had time to look for it yet and its listed. I wouldn’t have found it looking in LA!

Barney

Well, I say this with ALL THE LOVE IN MY HEART to all of you…… :-))))))))

You’re ALL BREATH-TAKINGLY BRAIN DAMAGED AND BLIND. There is LITERALLY NO ARGUING that this MAGNIFICENT, ORIGINAL AND IMPECCABLY DONE mid-century MASTERPIECE is a TRUE TREASURE. It’s painfully obvious that NONE of you guys have the ability in any of the smallest ways, shapes or forms to appreciate the genre that is mid-century modern ’cause you all see it as nothing but total crap.

Kenny, I seriously suggest that you IMMEDIATELY and PERMANENTLY quit featuring ANY kind of modern home whatsoever……even the penultimate example, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water. Every one of your regular readers most assuredly think even THAT stunning homes is complete garbage. Really Kenny……you could save yourself a WHOLE lotta’ time & energy.

You meant “ultimate”. “Penultimate” means “second to last”

YAAAAWWWWNNNN. Square rooms with glass walls and a Barcelona chair are hardly breathtaking. Search for “motel” on Google images and the resemblance is uncanny. NEXT!

Ha Ha Barney, what’s up.
      Falling Water is a godlike architectural masterpiece that is probably my favorite house in the world. This house has no business even being mentioned in the same breath as Falling Water which I swear I will own one day before I die.

It’s not all bad, but there are certainly some unflattering angles from which to view the home. I do agree that the price is inflated and the location not so great. A lot of the interior ain’t half bad though, but it’s certainly not where I’d spend my 12 mil