It looks like a country club. Personally, I don’t find this type of architecture and design appealing. Great to visit, but would not want to call it home. And $8 million seems hefty for the Bahamas, doesn’t it? Not exactly a world-class destination….

I really like this. I love the classic Bahamian architecture, with some modern touches. The interior is rather impersonal, but it’s casual and easy, and would make a great vacation house.

I love it, a nice house that you can relax in in a great place.
    The price is not bad either.
    This just makes the prices of those $30 million plus homes in California and NY look even more ridiculous.

I like it, with some major disclaimers. It’s very bright and airy, but some colors OTHER than yellow for the interior would be great. I love the color outside, but with that bold an exterior color you need to offset it with some different colors inside. It’s fine to make the connection subtly, but EVERYTHING is yellow, so some of that would need to be changed for me. Also, a tiled suspended ceiling in the basement is NOT something I want in my tropical vacation home. With an $8 million pricetag, the fact that it’s a cheaper option is not an excuse.

Otherwise this is a lovely place, it’s very carefree-feeling and I certainly wouldn’t mind calling it home for a few weeks a year.

Alright, that was not meant as a reply, not sure how that happened :p

Mike

The Architect that designed this name is David Andreozzi out of Barrington,RI. http://www.andreozzi.com/photo_40.html

I like it. I like the way all the buildings fit together and the way the rooflines are matched up. I also like the large private veranda on the side opposite the approach road. The decorator did a great job. Cool and comfortable without being overboard beachy. Nice subtle use of blue.

David Andreozzi

Thank you very much for the kind words. We tried very hard to capture the essence of Bahamian culture in the design.

David Andreozzi