Brian

Good call, Kenny. Overall structure is not too bad, but the siting is awful. It needs to be on EXTENSIVE grounds with this size/style. Drumthwacket in NJ is an example of what this should have looked like, but there are only a small number of contemporary architects who can pull this can of design off.

Mark

I agree. Should be on 50 acres with a driveway and lots of towering trees. I like it, but I agree with Daniel looks like a retirement home or Freddie Mac’s CA headquarters.

1. 1.1.1

Iemand

That was the first thing I though; why is it on such a small lot?

And it shouldn’t be U-vormed, just a rectangle please.

Terrible. Looks like a retirement home.

Al Robinson

I don’t know what to make of this place. It would be better to know what it looks like on the inside. This place looks like it could be a law firm office or something.

Lane

Love the columns but it needs to be on a bigger lot and not u-shaped. Obviously there are a ton of homes like this down here, but almost all of them are rectangle or square shaped.

The home is huge in person and dwarfs everything around it, almost looks out of place on this lot.

I love a Greek revival antebellum mansion, but I hate this. It’s bloated and does indeed look like a retirement home. In fact, it looks very much like a retirement home here in Seattle. There’s none of the character or beauty of something like Oak Alley. The location is atrocious; this needs to be on a large wooded estate, not stuck at the intersection of two busy roads.

Jack

I HATE IT!!! IF U ARE GUNNA BILD A HOME OF THAT SIZE AT LEAST MAKE IT LOOK GOOD OR GO BUY A TRAILRE HOUSE IN THE MOUNTAINS!

YEAH, TRAILRE HOUSEZ ARE MUCH BETTR VALUEW THEN THIS GRATE BIG MONSTURR!!

Hugh

The large image looks better than the small one. I think the details on the pillars help, but you are right that it looks too boxy

JFW

Looks like a convent.

Norman Reclave

As a resident of Ormond Blvd. I think its worth noting that this house belongs to Televangelist Jesse Duplantis.

Josh

Weird.. How did this “Pastor” become so wealthy.. And why would he need multiple private jets? I wish I could figure out a way to people to give me all of their money …

Gary

I love it. Its very cheerful & very American. I love pillars (columns). They are just so welcoming. As far as how the owner/minister got wealthy–he was a rock musician before becoming a Christian. He is involved in many businesses. There is nothing wrong with that. He is also very generous & is known for just giving stuff away. Don’t judge. Jealousy is miserable. I would love a house like this but I am happy for those that have them. Very southern. Very traditional.

Muriah

Jesse talked about his new Plantation style homes recently. Now I see what he was referring to. A huge home, with not as big property. He did say that the home in Gone With the Wind was his inspiration. I know it does not look like much but it is not yet completed. Yes more land would have made sense. But that might have required him to build further out. I think it is nice. The inside is probably off the hook, so to speak!
    PS-he does not have to answer to anyone for how blessed he is. Take it up with God.:)