Sam

EW, if this was a close up i’d have guessed this was in a boring suburban neighbourhood, the views are so dramatic and aspiring, the house just doesnt compliment or take advantage of it.

I have to say I really like the marble used in the kitchen and bathroom…and that’s about it.

I’m curious to know in what section of AD this house was featured. I very much doubt that with the current Crate & Barrel interior it had its own feature spread. Maybe it was stunning before the current staging person got hold of it, although even then none of the spaces are that special on their own.

Anyway, it’s too bad to see such a mediocre home in such a stunning location.

joejoe509

I live in the Pacific Northwest and Lake Oswego is one of my favorite places. It’s a very affluent neighborhood near Portland. I’ve seen this house before cruising the listings and I liked it. The interior is a little… dated 80’s? I dunno I just think older people did the interior decorating or maybe the staging isn’t great. The backsplash in the kitchen needs to go, the mirror over the bed, and the overuse of marble are really terrible. Honestly though, this would be on my short list of potential houses to purchase. I absolutely love exterior, the location, and the breathtaking VIEWS!! WOW! I love it Kenny – more of this! :-)

Mark

Nice house, too much per square foot for Oregon. Should be about 2.5M.

drdamour

this home was featured in a show or movie in the last few years. I can’t recall which one. Does anyone remember?

steve

this is the house in extraordinary measures, i just saw it the other day.

Alexander

This is Oregon folks. You don’t see much sun but you see plenty of grey skies with absolutely NO HINT of sun for months at a time. Plenty of wet days and the highest income taxes in the nation for those making over $ 100,000 per year except for those living in NY City because NY City has a city income tax also. The Portland area is not a place to be a wealthy person because there is and always has been a lot of negativity towards the wealthy here.

If you are turned on for whatever reason, find a nice house just north in Washington State, and have no State income tax, much lower property taxes and get far more house for your money. Then if you really like Portland that much, who knows why you would I certainly dont, then you can always drive across the river and visit Portland and not pay sales tax. ;)

Lake Oswego is kind of cute but very over rated and very over priced.

Anthony

I believe this is the house in the Harrison Ford movie Extraordinary Measures. Seen toward the very end of the film.

Plain J.

That is over-priced for a house like that…$4,395,000…really?

Ok, I just binged this and it was not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting kind of a private retreat somewhere in the Oregon mountains overlooking a lake. This is just some gated suburb outside of Portland with some trees and a lake. This is nothing very spectacular. The pictures were all taken on a bright sunny day which complemented the decor. In grey Portland you need something cozier to counteract the gloom. Lived in Portland for 6 months in an apartment overlooking a swamp. Thought I was gonna kill myself.

Well, I didn’t expect all the negativity after looking at the pics…I actually really like this place. No, it’s not spectacularly different or unique and most of this has been done a million times before, but I think it’s very nice. The master bedroom is hideous, but really all the other spaces look great to my eye. It’s bright, airy, and has great views, and it’s a shingle, which I like. The retaining wall out front is kind of a turn-off, but with this home it’s all about the view from the back, which is superb. I like it.