$105 million for [what looks like] a restaurant in Montana? Um, is there no other retreat or private island available in the world? And why would you want to live on a private island in Montana? Bikini-weather year round, I think not. Suddenly a $150 million house in London or $75 million house in Palm Beach don’t sound so completely outrageous. I predict this will go for 20% of the asking price.

le

I kept thinking I was missing something because I thought for sure there had to be more than what I was seeing, but based on the comments I saw above that’s all you get.
    I would be shocked if this sells for more than $15-20 milion. I think what shoots up the price is the construction costs. The cost to transport materials to this island must have been huge.

Nick

The location and the views are wonderful, but the INSANE price is laughable.

FEW millionaires and ONLY 4 billionaires reside in Montana according to Forbes.

The price is addressed exclusively to billionaires, so I want to ask: How many billionaires truly want to spend $105 million in order to own a vacation mansion in
    Montana?

No one.

Mak

The website is password protected. Why?

I think there are people in the world who like this kind of thing. Personally though, I think it would be hard to impress people (as the rich are wont to do) when you are stuck on an Island and nobody else can see it.

If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If a rich man builds an extremely expensive house on an island, and there’s no on around to appreciate it, is it worth it?

Barney

Would UTTERLY LOVE to know if whomever the IMBECILE builder/owner of this property is, built it ON SPEC, or actually for themselves and then LOST it? Any guesses, guys?

The clinically PSYCHOTIC and near literal ZERO chances of this place selling for HALF it’s asking price AT ALL, LET ALONE IN BUM-FOCK-MONTANA are NANO-infinitesimal at BEST. I haven’t and won’t go to the houses website due to my feelings clearly listed, but the exterior architecture is entirely too castle-wanna-be to me, and while I love a good, secluded, vacation home/cabin in the woods……..WHAT would this place be like, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, during a really bad storm in the summer or blizzard in the winter, and you JUST HAPPENED to be alllllll ALONE?! YIKES!

Ha Ha Ha, I can’t stop laughing.
    This price is pure crack pipe.
    It will be a cold day in hell before I spend $100 million in Montana.

haha, do you by any chance frequent the car blog “Jalopnik”? They run a reader poll dubbed “nice price or crack pipe?” every couple days that features an old or interesting car for sale and ask readers to vote either “nice price” or “crack pipe”. This is a good example for a homes version ;)

1. 6.1.1

Lol. Even though I am not an official Jalop yet, I do visit Jalopnik on a daily basis and yes, that is where I took the crack pipe comment from.

I thought this was going to be one of Ted Turner’s places based on the price. I thought it would be more like 24,000 acres. 105 million for 24 acres in Montana. Ridiculous.

joejoe509

SUPER nice. I would love to have my own island and as a resident of Washington State, trust me you could do a lot worse than Montana. But… ummmm yeah. $105 is downright palatial money. The hundred million club is a pretty exclusive place to be… I’d spend $30-40million TOPS.

Building materials are nice and I can appreciate the subtle exterior, but… for 105 million it might be a little TOO subtle. Ya know?

Joel Sanders

Horrible Location, Horrible Price, Ugly Home. 105 Million? The sellers really must be under water…

A huge house in the middle of nowhere that has no business being there in the first place and that no one really wants… It’s Charles Foster Kane’s Xanadu in real life.

Adam

plus taxes are $80,000/year. It’s owned by Donald Abbey…rather owned through his Real Estate/Development company. Funny actually, Abbey just put his personal residence in CA for sale for $78.8 million