Kenny Forder

The 2nd home theater pic is from the most recent listing. So, I guess they reupholstered the chairs, changed the wall color and added those two gold statues lol

Nothing screams taste like a couple of fake over-sized Oscar statues in your house.

1. 1.1.1

I thought it was two different home theaters. Is this not correct?

2. 1.1.2

joejoe509

Ha! I didn’t even notice those the first time around. Wow.

Well this is certainly a compound. Exterior looks nice and I love the landscaping. Interior has some nice rooms but there doesn’t seem to be cohesion when you go from room to room. Bowling alley is nice. Price seems optimistic but I’m guessing land isn’t cheap.

I like the exterior spaces and the grounds, a lot. The interior is suffering from a lack of decorative congruity. I like some of the themes in the various rooms, but they don’t necessarily fit together (as Daniel mentioned). The Grecian grotto needs to go. I like the space that contains the bowling alley, but I’d never want that in a house. I have a feeling that the house is nicer in person than it is in the pics.

I don’t like the staircase, I don’t like the kitchen, I don’t like the theater and the pool/spa area is creepy. Other than that the rest of it is OK, especially outside.

I have a feeling that this is owned by some studio exec and it is used as a working compound. All of the houses seem comfortable and I even like the over the top grecian elements. I bet this guy has people staying over all the time working on various projects in different parts of the compound. I really like the landscaping and the feeling of being able to walk around all eight landscaped acres. The only thing is I do not know about Rancho Santa Fe. Is it off the beaten track?

joejoe509

Hmmmm. I’m not sure what you mean about a “studio exec”, but I could see Ron Jeremy living here! haha

1. 5.1.1

John L.

I think this place is a little too classy for our friend Ron! Now, Peter North on the other hand…

I like parts of the interior, although as everyone else said, there’s no consistency in style/theme. The various wood-beam ceilings are great. The kitchen is probably the most dated room in the place, and will need to be gutted completely and redone. I actually really like the idea of a bowling alley in a house, I think it’s something that’d get a lot of use when you’re entertaining, and I feel like I personally would use it now and then just with the family. This particular alley is in a beautiful room too.

The grounds are simply jaw-dropping. I absolutely love all of it, and it looks like just about all of the 8 acres are landscaped. It’s not too formal, all very tasteful.

Overall I really like it, it just needs to find some consistency with the interior.

joejoe509

Unfortunately this screams Olive Garden to me… It’s over the top and somewhat cheesy. But somehow – I kinda like it! It’s unique, nicely detailed, and seems to have good materials throughout. I LOVE those big heavy wood doors and the use of stonework. I think this would be a fun house to get lost in and discover all the little details. The landscaping looks really high maintenance, but it’s absolutely stunning. You could spend a lot of time just walking around and talking with your guests. The exterior looks more comfortable than the interior!! I’m in love with that “secret” door between the rocks. I’m 50/50 on the bowling alley. It’s fun, but I’m not sure it adds anything to the house and is therefore a waste of space. Besides the few glitzy/cheesy details here and there that make this look like a mid-grade Italian restaurant, I really enjoy this house. It’s somewhat rare to see a Mediterranean with so much character and detail.

I had to keep mentally trying to picture these rooms WITHOUT all the indoor plants…I feel like that may have contributed to your feeling of being in an Olive Garden ;)

Mak

Me likeee! What a rich place this is, and look at the size of the Koi Pond! It stretches along either side of the main drive, and it has waterfalls and everything!

I’m telling you guys…the only way to know if someone is REALLY filthy rich is the size of their Koi.