Exterior is somewhat interesting. Interior looks like an attorney’s office. Pool house needs to go.

TrangleC

This is not a direct comment on this particular article but on the site as a whole. I don’t know where else to write this if not in the latest article.

Is there something wrong with the archive? Are you running out of hard drive space on the server?
    Since a few days articles keep vanishing instead of being archived.
    What is going on?

Please don’t tell me that is the first signs of Homes Of The Rich going down the drain like my previous favorite luxury news source http://www.Luxist.com did recently.

There it started like that too, with stuff going wrong without anybody from the team uttering a single word of explanation on it.

I’ve asked about this issue numerous times, as well as sent a comment to Kenny asking about it and nobody has responded. I too would like to know what the hell is going on, because I like to go back a couple pages sometimes and read back through comments, which I can’t do now. Unless I can remember key words in the article title to use in a Google search, I can’t get back to those articles. It’s really irritating and I’d like to know if that’s gonna get fixed or not.

I like the exterior. It looks like a nice country house, and the grounds are also decent. I agree that the pool house needs to go. The interior has some decent elements, but it mostly falls flat. With some work it could be decent, but it needs some work.

Cole

Authentic? Exactly what style of English architecture is this? None I have ever seen.
    Huge, sprawling rooms filled with jejune furniture and “architectural details”. Of course, every “authentic” English manor has to have a home theater. At least it has
    62 acres as a buffer from the common people…

Scott

You must have skipped the chapter on 80’s McMansion authentic…..

Mak

There’s nothing “authentically English” at all about this house. Its just a marketing gimmick.

1. 4.2.1

It’s true. “Authentic English Manor” sounds so much better than “House that Bears a Passing Resemblance to Something You Might See in England, Or Maybe Not.”

Kenny tends to pull most of the descriptors for these properties directly from the listing website, and real estate agents aren’t exactly the most architecturally well-versed people out there. Just one of the many pet peeves I have about real estate listings in general.

The irritation I have for inaccurate architectural descriptions is right up there with agents that don’t provide A SINGLE PICTURE OF THE KITCHEN. Seriously, why are there so many listings that don’t show one of the most important rooms in the house?

So the land cost about $4.5 million?

Like the exterior. Would need to completely redecorate. I like the driveway.

Tcb

Yay Oregon! But this house isn’t worth a second look.

The exterior is very pleasing to me, if not entirely accurately “English” (see above). Inside is a little overwhelming, but on the optimistic side, it seems to be aging fairly decently for a 23-year-old house. Design-wise, the ’80s typically aren’t a good decade to be from. The grounds look fabulous. Very private, with decent amenities and a good amount of land for the horses. Can’t speculate on how fair the price is though.

Correction, that should have said *underwhelming*, not overwhelming.