Front of the house looks like 6,000 sq ft tops. Interior is nice for the most part, minus the overpowering crown moldings and faux finished ceilings in some rooms. Staircase and kitchen look very nice. Rear of the home is pretty bad, and is that fake grass? Where’s the pool?

Chance

Pretty nice, a few things need to be changed but it’s nice. One thing though, there is no way in hell this place is over 17,000 square feet. Maybe 10,000.

The exterior is yawn-inducing. Most of the interior is way over-styled. The kitchen has far too much going on, and those square extensions on the counter tops are just waiting to get someone in the groin. The staircase, at least in the picture, looks like a big question mark, which is appropriate: why would someone do that to the ceiling? At least there aren’t cherubs painted into it, but the birds are bad enough. Is the ceiling in picture 8 supposed to be a tudor a rose? Nice try, but it’s hideous.

Marie

Totally agree with all 3 first posts and no way is this property going to sell for $2.9 million, I say maybe a million tops or $900,000 this location truly kills it. When people are going to spend millions for a mega mansion they at least would like to be in Buckhead or Midtown Atlanta not in the boonies of Cumming.

This is booooring as far as castle-esque design goes. Boring from the front, just plain ugly from the back.

The sky murals on the various domes are cheese-tastic, and the ceiling treatments elsewhere are too busy, as are the kitchen and all the bathrooms.

REALLY don’t like this place.

Mak

Its like a house that was designed by someone who was trying to imitate Disney princess houses, and its not even a good imitation either.

AZ

The square feet issue. It probably is 17,000 square feet when you include garages and basements. I hate when realtors include garages and basements part of the square footage.

JD

The critics here just kill me. And let me say Cumming is not my side of town but there are plenty of people that will pay plenty for a nice home in the “boonies”. I did. We lived on Habersham for a little over four years and now live in Marietta by the mountain. I will never live in Fulton county again. Not everyone is a party all night metro bohemian hippie artist. Aside from the old money (whats left of it) in Fulton county, most city dwellers are unpleasant phonies that I do not care to live among. Maybe its just my age that makes me grumpy and suspect of 25 year old white men with dreds and a $90K SUV….not my kind of people.

Nice house, I could move in there tomorrow.
    The total square footage including the basement is probably about 12,000 sq.ft or so.
    Definitely not 17,000 plus.

I don’t see why it could not get near this money, Cumming is not that bad. And to say that a house like this will only go for $900,000 is a little ridiculous.

almost as ridiculous as the ceiling treatments.

1. 9.1.1

I love the ceiling treatments.
        I love the detail, especially the sky.
        That cost a lot of money.

Charlie's Mom

I think it’s a beautiful house & in a great area! Right now I am actually in the process of moving from Buckhead to Cumming so yes there are actually a lot of people who want to live there, even ones who will spend millions on a house! It’s a great area & actually not really the “boonies.”