I like this one a lot, especially the living room. Only thing it’s missing is a pool. First thing to go would be that damn koi pond…actually, all it needs is a couple gallons of chlorine and it would make a nice fountain.

Iemand

Nice. Interior looks very nice, I absolutely love some of the rooms.

Daniel; I think I know who’s gonna respond on your koi comment :P

Oh and Kenny; your mansion of today (LA one) is a joke. 24 million for that? Seriously?

CincyRob

That looks like a home in the English Countryside. Like Surrey near Updown Court. Well done home. Great interior and landscaping.

Absolutely stunning. Love the exterior, very genuine and true to form. The interior is extremely well crafted and the proportions are beautiful. I like the porch and facade facing out over the formal gardens and the backyard goes on for quite a ways. The house is situated beautifully on the lot. This house is a winner. One of the best one in weeks. That being said. There are too many Japanese fish on the property. The first thing I would do would be to have a sushi party.

Like everyone else so far, I love this. Unlike that sad house in Newport, this is how a classic house should be renovated. It’s flat-out beautiful inside and out.

Definitely my favorite home on this site in a while. I really feel like this home’s got the right balance of preserved originality and modern renovation, this is really how it should always be done. I didn’t see a space I didn’t like inside, and the grounds are similarly beautiful. This price seems extremely reasonable too, maybe even cheap?

Sam

I love this house too, and the price is great! The kitchen is fantastic, they’ve renovated it beautifully which I’m surprised as most homes are renovated without considering the style of the home. The garden looks a little bit too “Mediterranean”, I would like to have seen a large open garden with flowerbeds kept to the sides.

Brijbhushan Bhattadri

Lake County IL prices are deceptive – the county charges its own transfer tax which means that you end up paying more than the list price. In the most broke state in the USA where even the Chicago Mercantile Exchange plans to move jobs and divisions out of (as was announced yesterday) any high priced home is not, quite, going to sell easily.

I just came back from out there and Lake Forest is just gorgeous and amazing.
    It is like its own private beautiful world.
    Pictures can’t even begin to do it justice.
    Chicago looks like it is doing absolutely fantastic to me and the icing on the cake is that I think almost every single hot woman on the planet seems to have moved there.

Seriously considering moving there.

joejoe509

Beautiful and relevant house. A lot of homes are missing this kind of class.

11. Pingback: 1909 English Manor Home In Lake Forest, IL « Homes of the Rich | Castles of the Realm