1) Looks like a lawyer’s office or chambers in a courthouse. Maybe if you added some floral arrangements it would be a little friendlier.

2) Nice but those chairs are too bold.

3) My favorite. Very formal yet it looks like the comfiest one.

4) Gaudy and tacky.

Chance

Don’t care for any of them. Of the four I would take #1 though.

Charlie

My favorite is #2….It just looks fresher and less ‘expected’ than the others. #4 makes me nauseous with the chair cushions seeming to match the rug. But if it were my home, I’d lean towards #1. I think the angle of the pic makes the room seem more rigid than it may be.

Joy

None of these rooms speak to me. Architecturally # 1 is most appealing (furniture is wrong), and #4 most appalling. Hey you should make that one of your segments “most appealing or appalling”!!!!

Al Robinson

Joke: These days no one eats in dining rooms. ;-)

I think 3 and 4 are horrifying. I like (and the only one I do like) room number 1.

Al Robinson

Okay, so after looking at them again and again, I decided I like room number 2 as well. It just takes a little while to get used to.

Marcus

I will go with #1.

None of them.
    I think they are all terrible.

None of them look like rooms I’d want to linger in over dinner. If the ceiling in #1 were lower, making the room more human scaled, it would be OK.

Hugh

#2 is the most traditional for me. I would only change the chair colors.
    Its luxurious but not overdone.

CincyRob

Number four FOR THE WIN!!!

Mak

I like the scale of #4. Its intimate without being stuffy. I also think it needs some additional art on the walls, especially above the fireplace. In fact, I think the room is staged for selling the house. There’s no decorative art in the room.

Gold is a beautiful color for a dining room at night, as it makes everyone glow with a healthy color.

The other ones:
    #1. The room is too tall, which makes having conversation with the other end of the table incredibly difficult. You would have to yell to be heard.
    #2 Interesting design, but the chair fabric is too strong for me. Those colors can make people look washed out.
    # 3 is beautiful, but I’m not a fan of the columns.

richvanc

#1 reminds me of my old Boarding-School, and all the others? *pffft*

coffee

i would like #4 and #5.

Andrew

Dining room 1, it has vaulted ceilings and a nice fireplace with overmantle. Plus the color and wood make it seem liveable (not to fancy) or bright colors

Tyler

House #3 recently had a major price drop, it know on the market for $55 million.

Tyler

now not know

John Burgdorf (North Texas Luxury)

No question – #1!

organbrett

Al – I eat in my formal dining room every day! Since I don’t have a breakfast room – it’s either eat breakfast at my desk or in the dining room.

I think I prefer #3. I wish the pilasters were a different color – that shade of marble is hard to swallow & design an interior around. I also like #4 a lot. I’m not sure about the cushions & rug (they look like they were trying to emulate a Monet painting) but I like the gold.

2 things which I must have in a formal dining room: Access to the outside for smokers & a fireplace (just makes a winter evening so cosy). All 4 of these basically have this except #2 – does anyone know if Champ d’Or has a f/p in the d/r? Those chairs look comfy, but the green & pink combo is too weird for me!