I don’t understand why so many of these homes in Illinois are like giant caverns. While it is impressive the first time you walk in, living in something so open just seems like a hassle, plus it is also difficult to design it properly without it looking cheap. The furniture gets lost in it and it never looks right.

I don’t like the exterior. Looks bloated and that odd tower with all the windows is jarring. I’d much rather have a ubiquitous Faux Mediterranean home ANY day of the week on a small (<0.75 acres) lot on the intracoastal than acres and acres of grass. What am I going to do with 4 acres? Roll around in it like a damn Easter bunny? Look at the surrounding homes – they all look like they just fell onto the land and each added a dozen or so trees. Completely useless. The interior looks like a convention center. The kitchen looks like it is made out of clay. The staircase is a wedding/prom photographer's dream and nothing else.

Barney

Again….we agree…..the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse CAN NOT be far behind :-)

This place looks like a cross between a cheesy banquet hall & a worse, rather-than-better, somewhat pricey Florida home built 10 to 20 years ago. NO even adolescent trees to soften the huge, white structure, the pool area was done on the CHEAP, BIG time, the chandeliers in the foyer are ridiculous & completely commercial looking, etc. etc. etc. The entire interior design has all the beauty, individuality, depth, color, personality & uniqueness of a cardboard packing crate. Yuck.

Iemand

To be honest, I don’t like anything about this house: It’s pale white, the yard is empty (house is all in the open), you get lost in the interior (like Daniel said) and I know it’s probably a law in some places, but I hate fences around pools.

Oh and Kenny, could you put the links of bing maps on every post? It’s easier/faster for me/us to see. It’s goood!

robert

I don’t get this house at all. Just looking at that entryway with stairs and hallways running off in 10 different directions gives me a headache. The blank featureless facade in the back is depressing. I wouldn’t want to live here.

I looked through the pictures trying to find something I like about this house. Eventually I realized that what I like best is that, after I close this window, I don’t ever have to look at it again.

Mak

I think they’re going for a different market then the one we’re used to. I think they’re after the “retired dictator” market; you know…people like M Ghadafi, etc….

Brijbhushan Bhattadri

How long since the last post? And how long has it remained unsold? Any guesses about how long before it, too, ends up like the Burr Ridge “Villa Taj” monstrosity flooded or something similar because not even the owner can be bothered about it? This is exactly the kind of home that suggests that, sometimes, even billionaires can be idiots despite being smart enough to make billions of dollars. No one would build a place like this except when afflicted with terminal insanity.

Wonderful for the humor that the pics provide! Beavis and Butthead design to say the least! ROTFLMAO!

Lisa

So that’s where they filmed Falcon Crest!

richvanc

Hmmmm, I agree with most of the above posts. Especially Grrrowler’s post…what a pleasant feeling I get when I CLOSE the window on this ugly ugly “house”!!! I’m so glad I don’t have to live there!

Jason

one of the ugliest most preposterous houses on this site. what an eyesore, I’d have to move if it were on my drive home to keep from searing my eyes.

Oliver

Failed. Hard. Only cool part is the pool/eating area how its set up. the rest is crap.

Tay

I actually like just the front elevation(picture 3) but it ends there. They have to get rid of that masssive out of place tower/turret of windows on the front….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick

I live down the street from this home. I get embarrassed whenever i’m cutting through his neighborhood and have to look at that home!I personally think Anil should just tear down the home and build one that fits in with the rest of the homes.