Chance

Why do people who come here keep designing homes that noone would ever build. It’s like size one-upping with no real architectural merit. I’m gonna submit a design for a 4 million square foot house with 1,189 bedrooms.

Kenny Forder

it’s just for fun…

Mike F

As Kenny Forder says, it’s just for fun. Many people enjoy doing plans for houses. Let them do it. We might not always like what we see, but if someone had fun doing some plans, and wants others to see them, I think it’s a good idea! We might get some inspiration from it, which is not bad.

I think Ira Rennert would beg to differ with you.
      I think his home in The Hamptons is over 90,000 sq ft.
      I would actually like to see your 4 million sq ft design.
      When do you think you will have it ready for us to view?

Adam

Gorgeous House.

Love the symmetry, love the accomodation, love the plot layout.

It’s clear that huge effort was put into this.

It looks fantastic. Superb work.

Now we want the elevations!!!!

george

I love the balance of the shape. Remember the Lake Carrington house in Greenwich Ct, I think it would be more appealing if it was shaped like this design.

James

Great job Russell! As someone who loves to draw plans I can respect the amount of time you must have spent designing and re-designing it. I agree with George about the shape and balance of the overall design. I especially like the oval office and panic room, lol. Overall great job and keep up the good work!

Cathy

I LOVE this floor plan! And I don’t think it is too outrageous to build. Although in these current economic conditions it may not be the most practical, in a better time I think there are many who would love to have this house built. Russell thinks of EVERYTHING in this plan.

Russell

Thanks Cathy!

tony

pretty cool but i’d like to see what the outdoor plans are too. a little too many bedrooms for my taste but, like K said, it’s just for fun so to each his/her own.

Jake

Oh “Chance” for heaven’s sake please grow up. If you have nothing nice to say, do everyone a favour and please keep it to yourself. It is a fantastic design created by a very talented person and I for one am very glad that he shared it with us.

Chance

I would like to apologize to Russell and everyone on the website. I was in a bad mood yesterday and the house just happened to draw my ire. There is nothing inherently wrong with this design I just have a bit of disdain for enormous houses, as I see them as pointless. Nevertheless, my original comment was rude and unwarranted.

Kenny Forder

we accept your apology =)

Russell

Thanks. By the way I didn’t mean for it to be so big. I was expecting something like 45,000 to 50,000 sqft. I was in shock when I added everything up.

Marie

I love it, I think Russell did a fun job in designing a home that while it seems over the top, it’s pretty cool to view knowing that most of us will never be able to see something that awesome in person. I like when people are creative and daring.

MCal

Love the plans! It’s so much fun to look at the plans and than envision the 3D version. Great drawings!

Trev

Ok design, could use some work with flow and details but an overall good concept. I would try to have less bedrooms…btw when are the frontal elevations coming…would like to see them.

Jae

How many square feet does each square represent?

george

It just came to me. I was asking myself Who could use a house with 26 bedrooms, the answer is THE OCTO MOM.

Bryan

I’m a fan of 2 story rooms. i think it would be neat to see what it would look like if you got rid of some of the bedrooms and put more 2 story rooms in such as the great room or the dining room or even the ballroom, although it would mean moving the master suite. I also think the servants kitchen should have a service elevator too and it would be cool to see a bowling alley. I know these are all my preferences. Having the etrance and exit in the Subterranean parking garage is a really interesting idea and would have never thought of that. Good job.

P.J.

i too can appreciate the symmetry and that this russell person spent some time thinking about this sorry folks, but this is amateur design, planning and drawing. I’m guessing that russell is 12 or maybe 14?

Todd

I agree with Chance’s first comment and disagree with his backtracking one. I understand some of you think it is fun to draw floor plans, etc. But it does seem like it is just being done for the sake of one-upping the other drawings. Architecture is a form of art and should have some type of meaning. Anyone can sit down and add 20+ bedrooms to a house, but that doesn’t make sense. Even this house with 7 kitchens? Who does that? The kind of people that generally build humongous homes are doing it either b/c they entertain on a large scale or they are trying to leave a mark. I think it’s more interesting to design an incredible exterior and then figure out how to make the insides work with the space provided. To get carried away and end up with a 50,000 sq. ft. house is just silly. I want to see exteriors… rooflines… window frames.. bronze doors, fun stuff. Give it some character, put some effort into it. Otherwise you guys are just designing hotels. One of my favorite houses is the Papa John’s house. That to me is what architecture is all about. Interesting at every turn. Or like that blue mosaic tiled indoor pool posted yesterday… that’s where true architecture comes into play. That is true design.

CincyRob

I think that the floorplan was amazing. I do floorplans as well and loved it. My loved the first floor and second floor. Underground was the best part to me because the quality of design and amount of luxury on the first two floors was matched downstairs as well.

Critic

I really like the above ground garage paired with the subterranean garage.